1. First and Last Date » h. joshua

pairing: Joshua x Y/N

wordcount: 2.8k

no warnings

.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

Y/N stood in her room, methodically packing the last of her belongings for the upcoming journey to college. With her departure scheduled for tomorrow, she was determined to ensure everything was meticulously organized and prepared for the new chapter of her life.

Even though a sense of sadness tugged at her heartstrings, Y/N acknowledged that this moment of departure was inevitable. Her desire to excel in her studies and bring pride to her parents propelled her forward, even if it meant venturing far from the warmth of home and the embrace of her family.

And then there was her brother, Jeonghan, who couldn't bear to be apart from her. He had been her constant pillar of support, raising her with unwavering dedication since their parents were always engrossed in their work.

Jeonghan was there for all her firsts - from her nervous first day of school to the exhilarating rush of her first volleyball match, and even through the agony of her first and last heartbreak...

Speaking of Jeonghan-

"Hello, my beautiful sister!" Jeonghan burst into her room, his eyes brimming with enthusiasm. "Let's head downstairs; I've cooked some pasta." Joshua, his best friend, trailed in after him with a friendly smile.

Y/N was immediately overcome with shyness upon seeing Joshua. She had known him for years, given his close friendship with Jeonghan since childhood. However, something about Joshua's presence had always made her feel a bit flustered, a sensation she couldn't quite put into words.

"But I still have a few more things to pack," she stammered, her gaze avoiding Joshua's, attempting to hide the slight blush coloring her cheeks.

"Don't worry, we'll help you after. Right, Shua?" Jeonghan chimed in, redirecting his gaze to his best friend.

Joshua hummed, offering her a warm smile that eased her nerves, making her feel more at ease in his presence.

"Okay, everybody, let's go eat!" Jeonghan exclaimed, playfully taking both Joshua and Y/N by their arms, creating a jovial atmosphere as they headed downstairs for a meal together.

After the meal, Y/N offered to wash the dishes, but Joshua wouldn't hear of it, insisting that he would take care of it for her. Feeling even more flustered by his kindness, she excused herself and headed upstairs to focus on finishing her packing.

"When are you going to confess to her, dude?" Jeonghan's question halted Joshua in his dishwashing, the words sinking in and causing a brief pause in his actions.

"What?" Joshua asked.

"C'mon, it's not a secret. I've seen the way you look at her. When are you going to tell her?" Jeonghan probed.

"But Jeonghan... it's not like that, I swear," Joshua attempted to mask his feelings, his voice tinged with a hint of uncertainty.

"I'm not upset, Joshua. I promised myself I wouldn't let anyone get close to her after what happened with Mingyu, that bastard. But I can't keep her locked away forever. She deserves to find love again, and I won't stand in her way," Jeonghan admitted, revealing the internal struggle and love he had for his sister.

"And you? I know you better than anyone. I trust you to take care of her," he said, reassurance and trust evident in his words as he spoke to Joshua.

Joshua let out a soft sigh. "In fact... I've written her a letter. I planned to give it to her tomorrow, just before she departs," he confessed, a mix of vulnerability and hope in his voice. Jeonghan smiled, a blend of excitement and encouragement in his expression.