2. The Price of Freedom » c. seungcheol

pairing: Seungcheol x Y/N

wordcount: 3.6k

⚠️ warnings: toxic relationship, cursing, angst, abuse, blood, gun, death.

•°. *࿐

Y/N stood on the edge of the sofa, the plush cushions offering little comfort as she anxiously anticipated Seungcheol's return. The dimly lit room seemed to mirror the growing distance in their marriage, a shadow cast upon the love that once filled their hearts.

Two years into their union, an insurmountable emotional gap had emerged, leaving her feeling adrift in a sea of unspoken words and unshared dreams.

She longed for the days when their laughter would echo through the hallways, now replaced by a haunting silence that reverberated through the empty spaces of their home.

Each passing day felt like a relentless storm, battering the foundation of their relationship, eroding the intimacy that once bound them.

It was a painful metamorphosis, watching the vibrant hues of their love fade into muted shades, leaving her grappling with a sense of lifelessness that seemed to seep into her very soul.

As the front door creaked open, Y/N's heart leaped with a mix of hope and trepidation. Abandoning the edge of the sofa, she hurriedly made her way to greet Seungcheol. The soft glow from the table lamp cast a flickering light, illuminating the longing in her eyes.

As she met him, her steps faltered, and she froze in her tracks. The sight before her was disheartening—Seungcheol appeared utterly disheveled. His once neatly pressed shirt was now crumpled, adorned with traces of lipstick on his collar and neck, telling a silent tale of moments she hadn't been a part of.

His messy hair seemed to mirror the chaos that seemed to have crept into their relationship, and he stood before her as if barely able to keep his feet steady.

A pang of hurt and confusion swept over Y/N as she grappled with the reality before her. Questions swirled in her mind, each one a sharp dagger, piercing through the fabric of her trust and understanding.

She had hoped for a reconnection, a chance to bridge the growing divide, but instead, she was met with a disheartening revelation.

"Why...why are you looking like this?" she barely whispered, her voice trembling with a mix of hurt and disbelief.

Tears welled up in her eyes, betraying the ache in her heart. She had expected so much more, perhaps a shred of remorse, a flicker of recognition of the pain she was enduring.

Seungcheol met her gaze, but there was a vacantness in his eyes, unbothered by her tears or her presence. He was far too drunk to comprehend the depth of her emotions, his senses dulled by the numbing effects of alcohol.

"Go to sleep. Why bother waiting for me?" Seungcheol's words were sharp, slicing through the heavy air.

Y/N felt her heart sink at the bitterness in his tone, a stark contrast to the love that once bound them. She had hoped for understanding, for a chance to rebuild the bridge between them, yet his words only deepened the wounds.

The sting of rejection cut deep, and she struggled to maintain her composure.

"Why do you look like this? Why is there lipstick on your shirt and neck? How could you cheat on me, Seungcheol? We've shared a lifetime together! You're my first and last love. How can you do this to me?" Her voice broke, the pain pouring out, the words carrying a pain that echoed in the room.