3

It had been almost a month since the last time anyone had seen Serena, it was like she had completely vanished from Japan. Crow and Jack pushed worrying to her on the back burner and cared only about the turbo tag duel that was coming up. Yusei on the other hand, he couldn't believe that his best female friend and the girl he had secretly crushed on just left without a word. He tried to busy himself with different things but nothing seemed to work, nothing kept his mind from wandering to worrying about her. She had left without a trace of her being around, it was more than making him grumpy and he knew it too.

That one duel she had started it all, he stopped working on the motor and placed his head in his hands. He shouldn't have went to tell her boss she was getting herself sick by over working that day, he should have let her go on with her life so he'd see her now. But he didn't, he cared too much for her to let any harm come to her. Sure back when they were in the satellite he looked after her when her brother was taken away, but back then he only saw her as a friend.

Not as a girl he could possibly fall in love with, he worried for her, she was the only one who stuck by him when he got himself stuck in situations he couldn't get himself out of. She made sure that his head was always on straight and that he was taken care of when he was sick, that was something he couldn't ever forget about. He sighed and closed his eyes before he heard a knock on the door.

He got up and opened the door only to have his eyes go wide. "Serena?"

"Yusei, can we talk else where?...Please?" She asked nervously

"Of course, where do you want to go?" He asked curiously

"Just follow me please." She said before going back to her runner.

He quickly went on to his and followed behind her to the one place that they made a promise to one another. She got off of her bike and sat down on the bench as she waited for him. When he finally sat beside her he saw that she was starting her nervous habit of messing with her nails again. He didn't wait for her to speak he moved closer to her and hugged her tightly, which in return he got her being wide eyed.

"Y-Yusei?"

"Do you have any idea how worried I've been about you? How many times I've wanted to find you?" He said sadly

She pushed away from him as she blushed before looking down at her sneakers. "I-I figured you'd be worried about me, but there's only one problem with me being where you are." She said sadly

"What might that be?"

"That red-haired girl, the one that always goes to you for help, when clearly she just wants to take you away from everyone else. I've seen the looks she gives me and I know what and who she is. Yes you might have calmed the she-demon in her, but in the end she'll just want to end up being with you in a relationship. She tries to hide it from you Yusei, you might think now that I'm jealous of that girl. But I am no where near close to jealousy if I was jealous I would verbally say that I hate the bitch for taking my best friend away from me, but I'm not. I-" She said before her head was tilted up and she was kissed on the lips

Her eyes widen as she felt his lips against her own. She tried to make some sense into his actions but came out blank. Once he moved his lips away from hers he placed his forehead against hers.

"Serena, you should know this. I only see her as a friend, that's all she'll ever be to me. I might have to tutor her in her math when she acts like she doesn't know what she's dealing with, but that's all. Now as for who liking who, I know this may shock you...But I love you, I've always loved you since the day you helped me get back up on my feet after Jack left satellite for new domino city. I knew then that you'd always be faithful to our friend ship even when your own brother had hurt me."

Serena had begun to cry when he had said that he loved her. She shakily placed her hand on his cheek before she looked into his eyes hopefully.

"A-And the promise we made to one another that day...W-What about that?"

"Its still there, just we'll have to mend it if you chose to accept me as your boyfriend." He said with a smile as he brushed away the tears from her eyes

"I..." She said before she pressed her lips against his.

He smiled into the kiss as he pulled her closer to him. Her hand went from his cheek to around his neck with her other arm.

'I promise you Yusei, I'll always have your back no matter what, you are my life now. You are what I live for...Thank you for making me realize this. I love you so much'

'I promise you Serena I'll always protect you from anyone who dares hurt you, I'll always be by your side, no matter what happens. I'll always love you and care for you like I have in the past.'

Map to you~|Yusei love story|जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें