9

The next day while Yusei was making breakfast for the two of them and their daughter was occupied by her baby swing, Serena called her the place she worked while she sat at the island in the kitchen so Yusei could hear the conversation she'd have with her boss.

"Hello, Dueling Cafe Manager Duce speaking."

"Hello, this is Serena Fudo. I am calling to quit. You've blantly ignored my request for less hours to take care of my child so because you have ignored my request many a time I'm leaving. Have fun finding someone to fill my place because I'm never going to work there again." She said before she hung up

She refused to allow anyone to get the better of her, when Yusei heard her call her work place and quit he smiled knowing that she was still a woman of her word. He went over to her and kissed the top of her head softly. "You did well Serena. I'll be working late tonight. Why don't you take Rene and go see your brother? You haven't seen him since we got married. I'm pretty sure he'd enjoy seeing that he's an uncle now."

She smiled at Yusei before she nodded her head. "Yeah...Sure I can do that not a problem. How late are you going to be tonight?"

"I don't know, I'll let you know when I do."

She smiled as she let out a sigh. "And you call me a workaholic."

"Hey, I'm finishing what my father started Serena. You know that."

"Yeah I know, I'm just teasing you babe." She said happily

After they both ate Serena grabbed what she needed for her time out before she said goodbye to Yusei and left out with Rene. She was more than happy to be able to get the chance to see her brother. When she got to satisfaction town she parked her runner to the side and she carried her daughter around looking for her brother only to find him in a building having a duel with one of the people there. 

She waited until the duel was over before she went up to him. "Hey bro." She said happily

Kalin looked at her stunned. "R-Rena?! Holy hell I didn't think I'd see you again. And who's this?" He asked looking at the child.

"This is your little Niece Rene Fudo, Yusei is going to be rather late today and suggested that I come here to spend time with you."

"That's Fair, it has been two years since I saw you leave with him. Let's go to my place and talk." Kalin said with a smile

She nodded her head. "Sure thing."

She followed him to his place and the two of them talked as Rene ended up falling asleep on her. 

"So, tell me how have things been for you?" Kalin inquired

"Well obviously I'm still married to Yusei, he convinced me last night to quit my job so I can spend more time with our daughter. I didn't get that much time off before I was told to go back to work once she was born." Serena explained

"Well I'm glad that you two are still together, you overworked yourself didn't you?"

"Yeah...and he made me realize that last night." She said with a sigh

"Go figure. Now I should warn you Brian is still around and he's still pissy about you going with Yusei instead of being with him. If he finds you here without Yusei he is going to make a deal out of everything."

"I can handle my own bro, but thanks for the heads up. So anything new with you?"

"Well...I have a girlfriend now. Her name is Mazie. She's a sweet girl."

"I hope to one day meet her. It'd be nice to see what girl caught your eye bro." Serena said happily

As she spoke a raven haired female came into the house and looked unamused seeing her by Kalin. 

"Kalin who is this skank and why is she so close to you?"

Kalin was going to speak but Serena got up and slapped the woman across the face. "Do not use that language around my daughter you brat! As for who I am? I am his younger sister. Sure we don't look the same but that's because I got the genes that he didn't from our parents. Ain't that right bro?"

Kalin was stunned that she had done what she had. "Yeah...Holy shit Rena, when you said you could handle yourself I didn't think you were serious about it."

Serena smiled and held Rene closer to her. "Now why on earth would I go and do something like lie to my big bro? I know you know how I act when I lie."

"You do have a point there. Mazie...This is the younger sister I was telling you about two days ago." Kalin said getting up before he placed a hand on Serena's shoulder. "She's been with her husband in New Domino City until now. She'll be visiting us for a bit."

Mazie looked stunned before she huffed out. "I can't believe your sister is so damn ugly."

Before Serena could move Kalin pushed her out of the house as he looked at Serena. "Make yourself at home, I'll be right back."

"Okay bro."