(8) Dylan

Dylan woke up lying on the floor. He wondered how long he'd been out. He didn't know where he was, or what he was doing there. All he could tell right now, is that he'd been stripped. His suit was gone, and he was only wearing his white and pink t-shirt and black shorts. His sword had been taken from him, but thankfully he at least still had his prosthetic. His glasses were askew on his face, and he straightened them as he sat up. From what he could deduce, he was in a prison cell of some sort. The walls were windowless, and gray. There was a wall-cot hanging right next to him, and in front of him was a floor-to-ceiling window, with holes along it in one line. Dylan knew he was trapped in here, and didn't have the energy to even try and bust himself out.

Outside the cell, Dylan saw the figures that had tackled him before bringing him here. They wore red and yellow uniforms with helmets that looked like cracked eggs. He didn't know why, but it hardly mattered. Between them was a tall brute chicken, who wore a black and white suit, accented with red, and had a beak made of metal! Dylan was already a bit intimidated by him, and his beak. He grinned an evil grin at Dylan.

"You ain't goin' nowhere, Princey Dragon," he said in a rough voice.

Dylan was too scared and tired to speak back, so he resorted to slightly backing away until his leg regained feeling. The brute chicken left with awful villainous cackles, his soldiers following. Meanwhile, Dylan poked his leg a few times to get feeling back into it, so he could at least stand, but during the process, he overheard the chicken's voice. Dylan stood and crept to the window of his cell to see what was going on. The soldiers were gone, but the brute chicken was talking down to a figure in the shadows.

Dylan saw the eyes of that figure very clearly, and he promptly saw the rest of him as well. He had long black hair, and dark feathers, wore a red leather jacket with a sleeve torn off, and he had a scar below his left eye. The Red Raven was here! But now, he was the boy Damian that Dylan recognized from the file photo.

"I just want to see the prisoner," the teen told the chicken, "for analytical purposes."

Even from a distance, and without knowing Damian at all, Dylan could tell this was a lie. Only, he didn't know why, or what Damian really wanted with him.

"Nuh-uh," the brute chicken said. "You are not allowed to talk to the prisoner. That's final!"

There was so much assertiveness in his voice, it seemed to even scare Damian. That surprised Dylan a little bit. Then the chicken walked off, leaving Damian alone. Before Damian could catch him staring, Dylan turned around, looking to see if maybe he could find a way out of here. But so far, nothing. He and his powers were both tired. Whatever effects that smoke bomb had, it worked quite effectively.

"Hey there, Dragon Boy," came a familiar snide voice from behind.

Dylan wasn't very startled by it, remembering the Red Raven's voice. He turned around to see that it had come from the boy Damian, who had a sly grin about him. And now that he was closer, Dylan noticed that he had a robotic arm.

"How's the escape attempt going?" he asked, still very much in a snide voice.

"What are you talking about?" Dylan asked genuinely, for he was making no attempt to escape. Then he remembered that Damian wasn't supposed to talk to him.

"Why are you here, anyway?" he asked, never forced.

The grin left Damian's face as he looked to the side.

"Just — bored, I guess," he answered quietly.

"No, I mean, the brute with the steel beak," Dylan continued, still not forced. "He told you not to talk to me. He might catch you, why risk it?"