(12) Dylan

Frida continued soaring through the stars, leading the boys to a nice looking house. Dylan recognized it, and was instantly so happy and relieved to see it again. He'd been gone for what felt like ages, even if it was only a day or less. Frida immediately flew in through the open window at the front of the house, excitedly cheering,

"Wildwing! I found him! I found him!"

Dylan and Damian walked up the front steps to the door as Dylan heard his Uncle Wildwing run downstairs moments later. Just as quickly, the front door swung open, and Wildwing grabbed Dylan around the waist and pulled him up into a hug.

"I'm so glad you're okay!" he said, sounding close to tears. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

"Uncle Wildwing, I'm fine," Dylan said, but he was glad to see his uncle again as he hugged him back.

Dylan's leg still felt a bit sore as Wildwing let him go. Damian put Dylan's arm around his shoulders as he did before, which earned a small smirk from Wildwing as Frida landed on his shoulder.

"Who's your friend here?" he asked Dylan.

Damian nervously looked at the ground, his expression clearly tired. Dylan furrowed his brows, but he genuinely smiled as he turned back to face his uncle.

"Uncle Wildwing, this is Damian," he told him, "and...yes, he is the Red Raven."

"Was the Red Raven," Damian interjected, looking up with sincere eyes. "The Red Raven is gone. It's all just me now....The Red Raven hurt too many people."

He looked back down at the ground, and Wildwing's expression softened.

"He just saved my life," Dylan told Wildwing. "He made a lot of sacrifices to help me, and now he has nowhere to go."

Damian silently nodded, confirming this.

"Can he stay with us?" Dylan asked, trying to be serious on account of his mild puppy-eyes.

Wildwing softly smiled, bringing a hand to Damian's hair, and ruffling it. Damian didn't object, and he looked back at Wildwing, gaping slightly as his eyes twinkled.

"Nice to meet ya, kid," Wildwing said to Damian. "I'm Wildwing, Dyl's uncle. You're welcome to stay with us as long as you need."

Damian looked as if he was about to cry, which surprised Dylan, but he felt it would be more polite not to notice. Damian subtly blinked back tears as he spoke.

"Thank you," he said sincerely.

With that, Wildwing led the boys inside the house, where they showered, and got ready for bed. Damian had taken the spare room, which was across from Dylan's bedroom. He went to check on Damian before getting into bed himself, and found Damian getting comfortable. Dylan smiled. Then Wildwing walked into the room, bringing in an extra blanket and pillow.

"This is pretty nice," Damian said to himself.

"It's not much, but I hope you will be comfortable," Wildwing said kindly.

Damian startled slightly, Wildwing having approached unannounced, then he straightened at attention.

"Thank you, for providing me with shelter, sir," he said seriously.

"Please never do that again," Wildwing told Damian with a nervous smile, "and you can call me Wildwing."

He walked up to Damian, as Damian took his prosthetic off for the night, and gently put a hand on his shoulder.

"I should be thanking you," said Wildwing, "for saving Dylan." He looked to the side, frowning slightly as his eyes sparkled. "We only have each other, and I don't know what I'd do with myself if anything bad had happened to him, so thank you."