"Who are you?"

You didn't know how that portal got there, let alone even know what it was for. A tall Spider-Man emerged from the portal. He had brunette hair and a strong jaw line.

"Who are you?!"

You said a little too loud, your parents might hear you if you were too loud. The spider-man towered over you and stared at you with his piercings brown eyes.

"My name is Miguel O'hara, or Spider-Man 2099.. it has come to my attention that you've been seeing some.. 'unusual' villains."

His voice sounded a bit scratchy, but that didn't make him any less intimidating. He stared at you, waiting for you to speak up. It didn't really matter if you lied or not, he had hired another spider-person to spy on you and your encounters with other villains.

"Uhm.. yeah, I guess? There was like this super freaky futuristic type dude-"

He cut you off with a "hmm", he seemed to be getting pretty bored quickly. He knew this was an important matter so he had to keep the 'interested' facade up. He turned around and faced the portal, and began speaking to himself?

"Lyla, call for Hobie. He'll take care of her once we get to HQ."

His rough voice muttered, a small digital woman appeared on his shoulder. She had short brown hair, some pink sunglasses, and what seemed to be a large bathrobe.. fur coat.. you couldn't really tell.

"Got it Migs."

The small digital woman said, you assumed her name must be Lyla from what Miguel said. But who was Hobie? Were they some weird villain spider-man cult?! You didn't know whether to fight back or just oblige.

"So, Spider-woman. Are you ready? There is a lot to discuss."

You didn't know whether to just say yes, or shrug.. or say no.. you didn't know what to do at all.

"Yes, I'm ready."
You said nervously to Miguel. You didn't know what to expect, but it couldn't be anything good.

Word count: 345
Authors note: shorter one this time