First Day in Lugunica

"...Frisk."

Subaru uttered the name of the girl he once liked. The conflicting feelings in himself battling to see who came out on top. This girl...this girl was his first human friend. Someone he thought he could trust, but then one day he wakes up back in the underground after finally coming back to the surface and out of nowhere, she just starts killing monsters left and right? His friends and family?

Just how the hell was he supposed to let that slide exactly? He can't just greet her like a normal person or even come to trust her...not after what she did. And then there was the unknown girl that laid next to Frisk. She had brown hair, a green and yellow sweater, and seemed to be unconscious just like Frisk was.

The boy sighed.

"I'll worry about those two later. For now though, I need to figure out where exactly I am. This isn't the underground...nor the surface...I mean...it could be, but the surface I remember never felt uh...medieval?"

Subaru turned to look out through one of the exits of the alleyway as he saw a carriage drive by.

"I need to figure out where I am exactly, the only problem is...those two."

Subaru stated to no one in particular as he turned to look at the two unconscious girls.

Subaru did want to go figure out where he was located currently but, he didn't know a damn soul in this place, the only people he knew at the moment was Frisk. And she was not really available at the moment, and the girl with the green sweater wasn't active either.

It was then, Subaru ultimately decided.

His choice was...

'Guess I'm staying in this alleyway until these two wake up. Maybe then, I can interrogate them for info on what happened before.'

Subaru thought to himself as he sat down against the wall, across from the two girls and waited. To past the time, he played around with his monster magic, and soul magic for a bit before he heard some grunts coming from the two. As they regained their consciousness, Subaru didn't say anything, he was going to give them sometime to realize their surroundings before doing anything.

"Mmmm...w-where am I? This isn't the ruins..."

The girl in the light blue sweater with purple stripes known as Frisk uttered as she looked around.

"I...don't know Frisk."

The pacifist opened her usually closed eyes in shock as she heard the voice of one of her companions that no one else could see but her, during her journey.

"Chara?! Y-You're alive?!"

Frisk turned around to see the ghost physically alive, breathing, and sitting next to her.

"Frisk...? What are you talking about? I'm dead-!"

The girl named Chara felt something was off while cutting herself off mid-sentence. She...felt...the ground? She actually felt something other than phasing through it? She wasn't a spirit anymore?

She looked at her hands.

'I-I'm alive?! How?! T-This never happened during a reset before! This...was this even a reset? No...maybe it was but...something probably interfered...with Frisk's reset...'

"Frisk, we need to talk-!"

"Are you two done yet?"

"!!!!"

The two human females turned to the source of the voice.

"S-Subaru...?"

Frisk uttered.