Five: Melancholy

Ever since Sho started school and Midoriya started to work, their life has gotten a little busier than before. Time seemed to go by quickly now. Before they noticed two months had already passed by.
It was good for Midoriya, as he didn't have enough time to ponder on the depressing thoughts. He would wake up early in the morning, drop Sho at school , go to work then pick him up , help him with the studies, put him to bed and repeat it all over the next day. On off days they'd go to park and play. Sometimes Sho would go to his friends house to play.
Midoriya would spend time with his old colleagues from time to time. Especially Uraraka. She adored Sho wholeheartedly. Sometimes when she'd come to visit she'd bring candies and sweets for him. Ignoring Midoriya's "candies will rot his teeth" slogan. "A little sweet never hurts anyone" is all she'd say.

Today was a school day. And their daily activities were same as always. Midoriya was now going to pick up Sho. He got off of work early today. The bell rang just as he arrived at school. Just in time he thought. He saw the kids on the playground go get their stuff. Most of the time, their last class were "Activities". During that time kids played in the ground, do a little exercise and stuff. He saw Sho playing inside a sandbox with other kids. He didn't get up to grab his bag, as Midoriya was always 5 or 10 minutes late. But he didn't realise his mom was here early today. So he called out to him, "Sho!"
The kid looked back and saw his mom waving at him. He got up amd quickly grabbed his backpack and ran to his mom.
"You're early today."
"Yeah. I got off earlier. Let's go home and play something. Since we have extra time today." Midoriya said
"Yay extra play time"
"Ha ha ha .you say extra play time as if I keep you busy all the time. You play all the time"
Sho gave him a cheeky smile in return.
"Say, what do you want for dinner today? Since we have time I can make you something special".
"Ummm...Yaki Soba." Sho said.
Midoriya gave Sho a quick glance and asked "That's it?" "Yes. Is something wrong mommy?"
"Uhh..no no..I was just thinking ,you can ask for a more elaborate dish, you know." He suggested. "No, Soba is fine" Sho said.
"O-okay...let's go home quickly than."

Yaki Soba is Todoroki kun's favourite dish.
Midoriya let out a sigh as he thought about how his son didn't take after him. He was now scrubbing the dishes after dinner.
No matter what Todoroki kun says, our child is just like his father. Lately he's painfully become more like his father. Red hair ,blue green eyes...even his looks..its almost as if he's a carbon copy.... he let out a deep sigh.

My child truly didn't take after me. Sho is very mature at such a young age. If I tell him about Todoroki kun, he'd understand. But no matter what, I don't want the two of them to meet. He put the clean dishes one by one on the rack to rinse off extra water. Suddenly he noticed his ring was missing. His heart skipped a beat.

What..the ring.. it's gone..but how?! Did it slip off of his finger because of the soap? He drained the water. It wasn't there.. if it didn't slip off here, where could it be? Since when has it been missing?

The bathroom! Maybe it fell off when I was taking a shower Midoriya rushed to the bath. He looked inside the tub, sink, on the floor, under the rug. But it was no where to be found. He searched in his bedroom too , and the wardrobe...no where...it's no where...

He flopped down on his bed. He buried his face in his palms. Eventhough I was so careful. How did I loose it! Gosh...Todoroki kun put this ring on my finger. I didn't want to take it off no matter what....I don't want to loose anything anymore!

"Mom are you okay?" He heard Sho's voice. He was poking his head from behind the door. Holding a Teddy in his hand. "Oh..uhh yeah..I'm fine."
"You don't look okay"
"I just got little bit of headache...that's all".
"Then you should take rest , mommy. Here lay down here." Sho neatly placed a pillow on the bed. Midoriya laid down. "Say...Sho, have you seen a ring anywhere?"
"A ring?"
"Yeah. A sliver color ring with a blue stone."
"No mommy. I haven't " He said and pulled a blanket over Midoriya.
"Oh I see."
"Good night mommy, take rest."
"Thank you dear. Good night." Midoriya gave him a forehead kiss. Sho kissed his cheek and left. He closed the door behind him. He heared muffled sniffles.
"I don't know who you are...but you're definitely a red haired guy. Please don't make mommy suffer anymore"......