chap.6

Autumn pov: I walked into my parents house calling out for my dad.

"Dad! Where you at? Seconds later I heard him tell me he was in the living room.

I walked to the living room scrunching up my eyebrows when I saw Jason sitting there watching something on tv with my dad.

"Hey dad.. wassup Jason what you doing here?"

He turned his head looking at me. "damn I can't miss home?"

I shrugged coming to join them on the couch "well I mean of course you can, but you been here for what? Almost two weeks that can't be good for your academics. Especially with you playing football"

He mugged me "I got it don't worry about me.. I'm straight"

I looked at him taken back by his tone "my bad for the concern and what's up with everybody acting like I killed they grandma lately?"

my dad changed the topic before the conversation spiraled "aut it's about time for a new car huh?"

I shook my head "Unh uh! I love my car. I only had it for a year and a half I'll wait like another year or so"

My dad smiled "you love that damn Jeep huh?"

I mirrored his smile "and do! That's the best gift I ever got from you"

He looked back at the Tv "so you coming out my ball sack wasn't the best gift?"

me and Jason started laughing I pushed my dad shoulder "don't say that shit, what y'all cooked? i'm hungry"

he side eyed me "you stay hungry, I know Billie be tired of you eating. Speaking of where is she?"

I stood up getting ready to go into the kitchen "you eat more than me! but I stay eating and she's on her way over here she's picking me up"

my dad got up following me into the kitchen watching me open the fridge I scanned the fridge until my eyes landed on the pot roast I instantly grabbed it asking my dad to get me a bowl

I did a small dance once he placed the bowl on the island in front of me "you didn't drive over here? how'd you get here then?"

I started to scoop the food into the bowl "y'all got some corn bread? and I got a Uber because Billie dropped me off to work. I didn't feel like driving, and were supposed to be finishing with work around the same time today"

he laughed "yeah the cornbread in the oven"

I went to the microwave putting my bowl into it then starting it "what you been up to? and where's mom?"

he sighed "shit handling business, I'm about ready to let this shit go though. I'm getting older I'm trying to find somebody to hand this shit over to. I feel like I got everything out of it that I can get from it you know?"

I nodded "yeah I hear you and I agree it's time to let it go. Find something more of your speed, or something that's gonna make money for you and you just sit back and collect it"

he smirked "you think just like me. I mean I been sitting back and watching the money flow but it's dirty money, I'm ready to turn it clean"

I leaned onto the island "what you thinking?"

he rubbed his chin "I'm thinking a club and a restaurant"

the microwave beeped making me open the door and put my cornbread in, putting it on 20 seconds "what kind of club? a night club? strip club? and what kind of restaurant?"

"Shit I'm thinking just a regular club and a soul food restaurant"

I smiled "those are good ideas I'm here to support, you know that though"