prologue: the number one hero

It was a day like any other. On his way to school, a young man wasn't paying attention as a commotion was being heard. The kid in question is named Y/N Queen, the son of the Green arrow (aka Oliver Queen). As he continues his way to school, Y/N felt like the ground shook like an earthquake.

Y/N: (not amused but raises an eyebrow) It's Yu.... guess that she had started her hero career.
Seeing Y/N, one of the new heroes: Mount Lady (or Yu Takeyama) was very happy. After she handed the villain to the police, Mount Lady shrink to her normal size and hugs him.

Mount Lady: what do you think of my debut?

Y/N: (scratches the back of his neck, sheeply) honestly? I kinda missed it.

Mount Lady: (unamused) are you serious?

Y/N: yea. Sorry about that.

Y/N’s friend and classmate, Midoriya came over and started asking questions about her quirk. Y/N apologies to Yu about Midoriya's curiosity. She offered to escort them to their elementary school.

At school. Y/N wasn't paying attention as his classmates looked excited.

Teacher:So... as third-year students it's time to start thinking seriously about your futures and what you want to do with your lives. I could pass out some career aptitude tests. But... Why bother? I know you all want to go to the Hero Track!

The class started to get very excited as the teacher calms them down. One of the students mentioned not to compare him to the others which made the others upset.

Classmate: You think you're better than us, Katski?!

Teacher: ok. Just calm down. (Clears throat, to Bakugo) you've got impressive test results. Maybe you will get into U.A. High. Speaking of which, Queen. You're also looking to apply into UA as well, aren't you?

This made Bakugo quite angry and charges at Y/N only to have his butt handed to him by Y/N flipping him over.

Y/N: let's get one thing straight: Bakugo. You try to take me on, you won't even make it into UA.

Bakugo: Grr! Damn You, you quirkless bastard!

Again, Bakugo had his butt handed to him when Y/N inject something into his hand that prevented Bakugo from using his quirk.

Bakugo: What did you do?!

Y/N: just a little something to stop you from using your explosive quirk against me. Now, unless you have been living under a rock, UA has introduced a new system for non-quirk users who wish to be heroes.

Later, Y/N returned home to Queen mansion. Y/N enters the mansion not realising that he was being watched from the shadows.

Y/N: hello? Dad? I'm home.

Suddenly a bullet was being shot as Y/N dodges the projectile by moving to the side. A girl with indigo-colored hair and pink streaks appears from the shadows.

?: you've gotten fast lately, N/N~

The girl and Y/N engaged in a spar until they heard a voice.

?2: ok, that's enough. (To the girl) Kaina, why don't you have a rest?

Kaina: ok.

Y/N: Hey dad.

(Oliver Queen aka Green arrow, retired pro for family)

Oliver: I heard that you got into another fight with Bakugo. (Folds his arms infront of him, unimpressed) care to explain?

Y/N: yea. But ever since he got his quirk, Bakugo has gotten a little bit problematic.

Kaina: wait, you got into another fight?

Oliver: firstly: Kaina, can you leave this between Y/N and myself? Second: Y/N, what did I say about fighting with your classmates?

Y/N: (downcast) to not to. But he started that fight by being superior. Honestly, that overconfidence of his can be a problem.

Oliver: I know that (phone bleeps from an unknown number) I gotta go.

Earlier that afternoon, Midoriya meets his hero idol: All-Might after he was saved from a villain made of sludge. A little while later, Bakugo was furious after he had his quirk returned to him. The sludge villain had used Bakugo as a hostage until the sludge villain was defeated by All-Might. While Midoriya was getting chewed out by the heroes: Kamui Woods and Death Arms, a couple of people who watched the scene from above. Oliver is currently chatting with a woman dressed in a black sleeveless bodysuit with a white cloak, yellow gloves and yellow boots.

Oliver: that would've gotten a lot better.

?: you're right about that. Something about that kid looked similar.

Oliver: Similar? In what way?

?: you remember when I told you about Toshi being my successor after I retired? He too was quirkless when we met.

Oliver: do you think that he'll choose him as his successor, Nana?

(Nana Shimura, retired Pro, thought to be dead but only to have faked it)

Oliver also mentioned that Y/N would want to meet his mother but Nana reassures him that when the time is right to reveal their secret to their son.

Oliver: if we continue to keep your relation with our son a secret, He'll know that you're still alive.

Nana: you mean All For One? Olie, Toshi can handle him when he does reappear.

Oliver: I...understand.

Nana: on the positive side, I've decided to apply as a teacher in UA's brand new non-quirk hero course.

Oliver: and they accept your application?

Nana gave Oliver her signature smile to confirm it.

The first chapter: Welcome to UA