chapter 14: everything's relative

After the second round, Y/N was being congratulated by his parents in doing a fantastic job in the Calvary battle. However, something has been bothering him: Where's Chelsea and her parents? At lunch, Y/N is currently sitting with Kaina while she was waiting for her best friends Momo and Jiro.

Kaina: what's taking those two?

Y/N: (shurgs) dunno. Probably still waiting to collect their lunch. Oh yeah, did you see Chels?

Kaina: Chelsea? I think she's with Todoroki. Something about quirk marriages or not.

Y/N: Quirk marriages? I haven't heard anything about that. What are quirk marriages?

Kaina: it's something like arranged marriages. Didn't your dad spoke to you about it?

Y/N: (ponders a little) come to think of it, he did mention in relation of it. (Thinks) actually, there was one girl who I did meet but she was looking for a friendship instead of an arranged marriage due to her mother's negligence... damn that Yuuki for forcing her daughter into an arranged marriage with someone who doesn't respect her daughter's wishes....

Kaina: (pokes forehead) hello? Anyone home?

Y/N: huh? Oh sorry for zoning out.

Kaina: were you thinking about an arranged marriage?

Y/N: yea. Do you remember when My dad took us to that party during the winter break one year with you as a plus one?

Kaina: yea. His friend and rival wanted her daughter to be successful in life like her. (Has a drink) I could tell that she didn't want that and was happy with her boyfriend. What was her boyfriend's name again? Something Aya? Ah forget it.

While they continued to chat about their past experiences with problems, Y/N notices that Jiro was flustered as both Yaoyorozu and herself approached them.

Kaina: what's wrong, Jiro?

Momo: apparently, Mr.Aizawa said that there was a cheerleader battle before the tournament.

Suddenly, Y/N choke on his drink in surprise and Jiro pats his back. He thanked her for helping him.

Y/N: hold up a minute, Yao-momo. (Unsure) uh, can I call you that?

Momo: sure. Most of my friends call me that. (Holds y/n's hand in friendship) I would love to have you as one of them.

Y/N: thanks. (Back to seriousness) are you sure that Mr. Aizawa said anything about a cheerleader battle? Cause it sounds like a trick to me.

Jiro: (relived) That's what I was thinking!

Momo: what did Ms. Shimura say yesterday about the events during the tournament?

Y/N: something about normal events like archery, ballgames or something along those lines? But nothing about a battle between cheerleaders.

Momo: regardless, I still think that it's a good idea to make a set of cheerleader uniforms just to be safe. Before I do, you two were talking about something called arranged marriages? What was that about?

Y/N explains to Kaina's best friends about a party one winter break for rich families but isn't for relationship reasons but to socialise. Y/N had someone already in mind but didn't want to say anything.

Meanwhile,
Rei came across Endeavour and started to have a confrontation with the number two hero.

Rei: You haven't changed at all. haven't you, (glares at Endeavour) Enji?

Endeavour: Rei.

Rei: well? Aren't you going to say anything or are we just going to glare at each other all day?

Endeavour: (Turns around and starts walking away, angrily) I have nothing to say to you.

Rei: (annoyed) Oh, I get it. It's because of the divorce, isn't?! At least I didn't want to throw any money at my problems! I found someone who loves me for respect! And you didn't do anything like love or respect! You forced Shoto to be like you while trying to get him to usurp All-Might! Well guess what, It won't work! Do I need to remind you about how you pushed Toya?!

This made Endeavour to stop in his tracks and turns to his ex.

Endeavour: you demanded a divorce all because you didn't want to live in the same house as me. (Flames appear from hands, turns to face Rei) but don't you dare bring Toya into this!

Rei: He was my son too!

Nearby, Leo was looking for Rei when he heard her angry voice and saw that she was confronting the number two hero. Endeavour threw a fireball at her which made Leo to use his freeze ray to prevent the fireball from hitting Rei.

Leo: Hey, Hot Head! Don't burn my wife!

Endeavour: (walks away) Hmph.

Leo: are you ok, Rei?

Rei: yea. Thanks for being there for me.

Leo: what was that about?

Rei: it's....

Leo: Rei?

Rei tell him that it was all Endeavour's fault for forcing Shoto to surpass the number one. After that, Leo hugs Rei and asks her not to remember the past.

The next chapter: the tournament line-ups/the tournament begins