🎑 ꜰᴏᴜʀ 🎑

Xie yun sat back and streched his sore muscles as he finally done sorting out the letters stacked on the table before him. Usually it was one of the masters duty to sort out the letters send to the great library and get it to the recipients. But ever since the arrival of letter from the library of Zuorang the masters are too busy to do such a trivial chores. Most of the letters are from the chief of nearby villages seeking aids of the masters to tame the spirit wandering and causing ruckus on their villages while the confidential once was well sealed by enchantments and had instruction of only to be opened by the grandmaster himself.

Xie yun fish out one letter from the stack, a letter that specifically addressed for master luo dashi, who is renowned for his skills on taming and summoning water spirits. The said village reside northern part of the library. As it was stated in the letter, several of the villagers are either gone missing or escaped badly scathed from the waterborne abssyes hunting their river.

An unpleasant shiver rolled down on his spine at the mental image of spirits with ashen and swollen apperance creating a whirlpool on the river that the whole villager depends upon and drowning so many innocent souls, draining their souls.

A small bumb against knee make him jerk upright, his thoughts swirling away like draining water. Looking down xie yun quickly smiles at the curious round blue eyes peering at him through the sleeves of his black student robes.

Hello fluffy ball. Finally get bored of playing with your new friends.

He chided and petted his dear rabbit lovingly.

Xie yun run a curious gaze around sealed bookshelfs soared upward towards the sealing and sharped his ears for the familiar eerie whispers only to receive a series of snores. It's looks like his dear fluffy ball wore the spirits out by playing with them. Xie yun was beyond surprised how quickly the spirits from level one accepted fluffy ball as their friend as they always wary and act bully towards any others. Nevertheless, fluffy ball done a great job of entertaining the spirits while xie yun done his assigned job without their constant whine for attention.

Fluffy ball bumped his nose against xie yun's finger, demanding to be carried by him. Xie yun let out a coo as he cradled the ball of fluff into his chest almost crying in delight when fluffy ball turned to bury his face into xie yuns robe, sniffing into it occasionally.

Just then a letter lying the on the floor caught his attention.

He must be droped it by mistake.

He adjusted fluffy ball in his hand and reached for the letter. The letter was heavily protected by enchantment. It means it was one of those highly confidential letters that must be passed to his father's private study. He was about to put it on the classified stack when the insignia printed on it came to his attention. It was from tang sect. Thinking back, xie yun remembered his father receiving letters that send from tang sect several time in a month.

Must be something regarding the newly summoned spirit. Xie yun shrugged of any other thoughts.

He almost knock of the neatly arranged letter when a thundering footsteps run inside the pavillion hastily.

Altered, xie yun gets up. The intruder was one of his fellow pupil who fall into the category of the ones that behave like he don't exist rather than the one constantly bullied him.

Xie yun.
He wheezed. Xie yun waited for him to catch breath while secretively put away fluffy ball under the table. Pets aren't allowed inside the great library and xie yun isn't ready for another round of lashing. The boy had both of his hands on his knees as he slowly regulates his breath.

It's ziyuan.
His words came punched out.

What happened to ziyuan.
Xie yun quickly crossed the distance between them. Clamping on the boys sagged shoulder, shaking him furiously until he spills the rest of his words.