🎑 ɴɪɴᴇ 🎑

The chariot jolts every now and then as it speed through the muddy ways. Sitting closer to the flittering window curtains xie yun watch the outline of village of xinye slowly turning into a horizontal line. Pain, heavy and churning suffocates him, he retreats gaze thay slowly becoming glassy and looks down, at the gemstone bracelet draped around his wrist. It's patterns are elegant, built with golden curves, on the middle of it was a stone that craved out of natural lavender jade with a symbol of Lotus craved on its center. It's an exquisite piece of jewelry, yet against his skin it felt nothing more than iron shackles, obstruction to his freedom.

The dark steeds pulling the carriage neighed loudly, pulling him back from thoughts. He can feel tang san's eyes on him, infact it never leaves him since they started the journey, it leaves him in anxiousness to even think. Xie yun have so many questions, better truth will be all he left with is questions and the realisation that nobody is to be trusted.

Unconsciously he snuggled his body into the cloak, the one that belonged to tang san. Slowly the winter is withering away, spring will be here soon. A spring without his father, without the library or anything that ever belonged him.

He thought of ziyuan, his gummy smile, his goose like laughter, the pitiful pout he wear every time fluffy ball bites him. Will they ever meet again?? Even for once will their path cross?? If the answer is no. Then xie yun wish ziyuan to be stronger, to be happier. A small part of him also wish to be remembered by the younger, no matter how his fate turns out to be.

You're sad.

Tang san's voice spoke. Finally after a long time xie yun looks up and acknowledged his presence inside the carriage.

Confused. Grieving. In pain.

Tang san observed.

And it's alright. This is all what that gives you the strength to go forward.

Tang san's eyes grew softer. Like the man is comforting him, silently telling him that he knows and understands his pain.

What's the point of being strong if I'm confined.

Xie yun lifted his hand that had the bracelet and stared tang san with his sharp, accusive eyes.

What's the point of being in pain, feeling anger and holding grudge if my life is to be ended unfairly.

His voice grew louder.

For a long moment tang san stared at him wordlessly and then he spoke.

I'm not taking you to koi tower xie yun. I will never let you die. In fact we are on a run.

Xie yun's eyes widen as he stare tang san in disbelief, almost skeptical.

Don't believe me?

Tang san cocked his head aside and gave him a raised eyebrow before tossing him a compass.

Find yourself then.

And then he casually lay back into the seat, with his arm bracketing under his head.

Xie yun catch the compass in mid air, flips it front, twisted the lid aside and sure enough they were not traveling to south, to lanling Jin clan. The compass of the device vibrating on the direction of northwest. It took him a moment to realise where the chariot heading to. Mysterious taihang mountain folds. Xie yun heard lots of stories surrounding this majestic mountain and the dense forest of erhai neighbouring it's valley, about the relentless souls wander through its density, about the Skeletons sprawled on the forest path to the foot of mountain, about the brave souls dared to wander in its density but never returns.