Dinnertime (⁠*⁠'⁠ω⁠`⁠*⁠)

You anxiously walk to the dinning room, now experiencing the embarrassment of your first impression on the other ghouls, you walked through the halls, tracing the wallpaper with your hand as you walked, the place felt nostalgic. As your brain flooded with memories of Alpha and Ifrit causing chaos down the halls, always setting fires or chasing each other, you were interrupted by Swiss tapping your shoulder. You jumped, not hearing him approach.

"Oh, my bad- didn't mean to scare ya-" He said with pointed finger guns. You snickered, shaking your head. "You heading to get food?" He said with a hopeful grin.

"Yeah, why?" You said, tilting your head.

"Mind if I accompany you?" He said with a playful wink, causing you to playfully scoff at him.

"Yeah, yeah- sure." You said, trying to sound sarcastic even though you were happy with the company.

As the two of you walked you got to know each other a bit better, not to a personal level. But enough to be considered friends.

________________---------------------________________------------------

Once you two reached the dining room you glanced around and saw the table of laughing ghouls, you sort of envied their relationship, but decided not to dwell on it as you waited in line for food with Swiss.

Once you got your food Swiss practically dragged you over to the table. You awkwardly sat between him and a much taller ghoul. He caught you staring and as you quickly turned your head he snickered and waved.

"I'm Mountain, the drummer." He said with a smile, causing you to slightly warm up from embarrassment.

"Y/N" was all you mumbled as you quickly started to eat your food, you glanced around the table as others introduced themselves to you. You enjoyed their company even though it only made you think of the old band. But you didn't want to be the depressed, emotional member so you quickly sucked it up.

"Y'know that you don't have to wear your mask inside, right?" Swiss said with a snicker. You warmed up from embarrassment as you fully realized you were the only one wearing a mask. You glanced up, looking at Swiss.

You weren't sure how to respond, you weren't insecure or anything, but the mask was a way to hide. To compress facial expressions that you didn't want anyone else to see.

"Eh, it's fine." Was all you muttered as you shrugged it off, continuing to eat your food through your mask that had an opening for the mouth.

After awhile you noticed the glares you were catching from Sodo, but you decided not to dwell on it as you ate and spoke with the others.

________________---------------------________________------------------

After you finished eating you headed back to your old room, cringing at the sqeaky doorhandle, you coughed as you were hit with a wave of dust. But you quickly shook it off and walked in, admiring the old room. You collapsed on the bed, taking off your mask and letting y/h/l hair to fall over your face as you buried your face into the pillow.

Drifting asleep....