Chapter 31

(A/N: Thanks for 5000 reads! Hope you enjoy an extra chapter. XxD)

*****************************************************************

"Come with me," Commodore Norrington said as he opened their cage door and the men looked to their captain. "Quickly."

Cora spared Elizabeth a glance, the girl nodding in a silent message that they could trust him. Cora relented and said, "Go," and they began filing out of the cage. Elizabeth was the last one out as Norrington reasoned his actions by saying he was choosing a side.

They followed Norrington to the ship's stern where the thick ropes were set up to tow the Hai Peng. And one by one they began inching their way along it. Like bugs and birds, they moved as they crawled across, hanging over the sea.

"Do not go to Shipwreck Cove. Beckett knows of the meeting of the Brethren," Norrington advised. "I fear there may be a traitor among them."

"There won't be much longer," Cora threatened. "And I thank ye for helping us after you stabbed us in the back, but ye don't tell me what to do. I be sailing to Shipwreck Cove and I'm going to skewer Cutler Beckett."

She then moved to the rope where Tai Heung offered her his good hand. "We work together," he said, and she gave him a nod.

"You first."

And he began to inch across, careful of his bad arm as Cora followed behind him, half their crew already there as Elizabeth conversed with Norrington before inviting him to come with them. To come with her. She'd negotiate with Cora about letting him stay later. Now he just had to say yes.

"Who goes there?!" And Bootstrap came down towards them as Norrington stayed behind to hold him back, but there was nothing he could do. Bootstrap was too much a part of the ship and the crew to take orders.

And Norrington had no choice as he shot down the rope, lest the pirates follow after them. And they let out screams as they hit the water, sharp shivers rattling down their spines.

"PULL US UP!" Cora called as she swam for Tai Heung, pulling his good arm over her shoulders as he struggled to tread water. "HEAVE MEN!"

And he repeated the order in his native tongue as they were pulled aboard the Tai Peng and James Norrington was left to die before Davy Jones.

As they were hauled on board, it was the most natural thing in the world as the men turned to her for orders and she gave them out. "Full Canvas! Haul out all lines! Make for Shipwreck Cove! Make fast men!"

Tai Heung was at her side, bellowing out orders and insults in their native tongue as they rushed about. Cora headed up to the helm as Tai Heung wrapped a coat around her shoulders, one of dark ocean blue and embroidered with golden patterns, that ran down to her ankles and fit her like a glove. Cora gave him a thankful nod as her hands wrapped around the spokes on the wheel and she spun it as she looked up at the stars to guide her heading.

The Ninth Pirate Lord was coming home to Shipwreck Cove.