Chapter 33

(A/N: I love what's to come in the next few chapters and I hope you do too. Enjoy. XxD)

*****************************************************************

Cora's breathing was deep and slow as she tried to stop thinking about all the pressure and expectations now put on her as Pirate King, but still, you couldn't tell that she was worried on the inside as her cold and determined gaze stayed pinned on the fog that clouded the horizon. She stood aboard the Black Pearl with her father at her side as they waited for the British to arrive.

"The enemy is here! Let's take them!" called Marty from the rigging as a cheer rose up from the entire ship, save for Cora and her father as they watched a single ship approach. Something just wasn't right.

And she was proven right when an entire fleet of ships emerged from the fog and the pirate's cheers died down. And rightly so because they were now severely outnumbered.

All of the men then turned to Jack who looked extremely nervous. "Parley?" he said.

"Ye want parley? Well, yer gonna get it," Cora spoke. "Prepare a long boat," she bellowed before her eyes narrowed on Jack. "Yer coming with me. Let's go, Father."

And Barbossa gave Jack a smug grin as his daughter walked off and he said, "Aye, me Cora. I be right behind you."

And Jack sneered at him as he was forced to follow after them.

*****************************************************************

Together, the three of them rowed out to a small sandbank between their two armies. Cora was flanked by her father, Jack the monkey and Jack her uncle as they walked towards the end where Jones, Beckett and one Will Turner were waiting. They went to them because Jones was standing in a bucket of water seeing as he couldn't stand on land yet.

She felt rather powerful and at ease with them at her side as she approached their enemies, her coat trailing on the sand behind her as they went.

"Still betraying people are ye, Mystery Man?" Cora drawled boredly and Will's eyes fell to the ground.

"Yer be the cur that led these wolves to our door," her father snarled.

"Don't blame Turner. He was merely the tool of your betrayal. If you wish to see its grand architect, look to your left," Cutler Beckett said and Cora's glare was deadly as her head turned slowly towards Jack. Her father also shared a similar look and safe to say, Jack was unnerved. 

"My hands are clean in this," Jack insisted as he held them up. "Figuratively."

"Are they now?" Cora growled through gritted teeth.

"My actions were my own and to my own purpose," Will insisted. "Jack had nothing to do with it."

"Well spoke. Listen to the tool," Jack said.

"Shut up," Cora ordered. "Ye will now speak only when spoken to."

"But-"

Another glare cut him off from speaking.

"Aye, your majesty," Jack murmured.

"And as for you," she said as she met Will's eyes once more. "I have been to see the cause ye fight so diligently for, and he would be as disappointed in ye as I am."

"He will not be of the same opinion once he is finally free," Will replied.

"Doin' it by yerself will only get ye killed and he still be a prisoner. So please, go ahead," Cora invited before Cutler Beckett rolled his eyes and spoke before Will could.