Chapter 47

(A/N: Thanks for 1000 votes guys! Hope you enjoy this chapter. XxD)

*****************************************************************

Through the rocks, they ventured as Carina led them to where the missing star should be only to find a cluster of red crystals that should be glowing but weren't.

"Why isn't it glowing?" Carina wondered as she observed it, and Cora ran her hand over it.

"Something feels off," she revealed with a quizzical look on her face as her father ran his hand over the stones.

"Aye, ye be right, me Cora. It's not whole."

"There be a piece missing," Cora said as she ran her finger over where the missing piece would go.

"The missing star," Carina gasped as she pulled something from her pocket, and it was a piece of red crystal exactly like what was in front of them. "This used to be on the cover of my diary. I didn't understand why I kept it."

"Ye knew the stars. Ye knew it was part of something more. Ye knew the sky as I know the sea. It be yer namesake," Cora said kindly as Carina simply stared at the broken piece.

"For my father," Carina said as Cora took the hand of her own father.

"Aye," Hector spoke, well aware of the fact that Carina was the daughter of James Norrington. "Do it for him."

And she slid the crystal into place as the final star exploded with a red light and the constellation Carina came to life as the entire island, and the entire seas began to rumble.

"Look!" Cora exclaimed as they all turned to where the sea was literally parting for them.

But as the passage to the Trident opened, the ground beneath them also gave way as Cora, Carina and Jack began to scream as they slid down the crevice.

"Me CORA!" Hector called out, just managing to stay ashore, but it was too late as they went sliding to the bottom.

"By the name of Calypso," Cora gaped after they finally crashed to the floor of the passage, but it wasn't just any floor. It was the ocean floor. She was standing on the ocean floor, coral and sea reefs surrounding her as walls of water kept marine life back and the black sand damp beneath her feet.

"It's beautiful," Carina gasped.

"Poseidon's tomb," Jack marvelled.

"Uncle Jack, get up. We got work to do," Cora ordered as the man rose from his knees and they began to run the passage in search of the treasure they desired the most.

*****************************************************************

Over rocks, reefs and sand they ran until Cora came to a halting stop, Carina next to her as Jack ran into her and she death glared him.

"A thousand apologies, Your Majesty," Jack muttered before he saw the reason why she stopped.

The Trident stood atop a section of the reef like an altar, seeming stuck in the very thing it was made of. And in the centre of the weapon, just underneath the three prongs, was a yellow gemstone that shone with a warm light, the heart of the Trident.

"There it is," Carina gasped.

"The Trident," Jack said.

"JACK!" growled a voice from behind them and Cora whirled because she knew that voice.

"Move!" Cora screamed as she pushed Carina and Jack from the way as a sword sliced through her shoulder. "Argh!" she exclaimed as her son gave a dark chuckle that was not his own.