𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨.

twenty two — reality, snapchat.

"ALEX!" coach groaned as alexandra made her third travel already. "SUB, SUB!" he called.

alex dropped the ball and jogged over to her coach, getting subbed out with another girl.

"alex. that's your third travel this game and it's been ten minutes!" he exclaimed as he pulled her aside.
she looked down. this was an important game and she was messing up.

"you're my starting shooting guard, why are you making stupid mistakes! the last time you have ever traveled was like years ago! i don't remember the last time you've ever traveled in a game." he told her.
she looked at him in his eyes not knowing what to say.

traveling isn't that big of a deal, so she felt he was being dramatic. but also, three travels in a row.. it just seems kind of unprofessional.

"what happened, did something happen?" he asked her.
she shook her head no.
"are you sure?" he questioned. she nodded again,  adding a 'mhm'.

he turned away from her, crossed his arms, and then watched the game again. she stood there and looked down. she was disappointed in her self. she looked behind her and found her dad looking at her, crossing his arms with a weird look on his face. they made eye contact and she turned back around.

she picked up her water bottle and took a sip, frustrated at herself and her coach.

she stood there, with the rest of the bench, for another thirty minutes. she didn't get put in once. she didn't understand. she was cosches favorite, everyone knew that, and she was sure that he was gonna put her back in, but he didn't.
even during halftime, he didn't look or talk to her once.

"i don't get why he's not putting me back in!" she whisper-yelled as she talked to one of her teammates.
"yeah, that's so weird. i don't get that either." her teammate, leilani responded. leilani and alexandra were close. alex was a shooting gaurd, while leilani was a point gaurd.

alex was pretty short for her position, but it's not like she was in the NBA so as long as she was good at it, that's what mattered. leilani in the other hand was pretty tall. she was probably around 5'9 or so.

"like- okay, i made three travels.. but that doesn't mean you don't have to put me in ever again.. like hello?" alex spoke in a frustrated tone.
"yeah, i don't get it," leilani shook her head. "like.. i'm sorry but cameron is not better than you at all for him to sub you out for her. she missed her free throws, and missed two 3's you could've easily made. coach is tripping." the two gossiped about their other teammate.

they were friendly with everyone on the team. everyone was sisters basically.. but everyone knows alex is the best shooting guard on their team, it wasn't a secret.

"you think he'll put me in after halftime?" alex asked her.
"i don't get why not.." leilani scratched her head, "i mean if he doesn't, then we're gonna lose. " she added.
"i don't know what he's trying to prove by not putting you in.."
"i know!" alexandra agreed.

half time was over now.

"the normal," coach announced, indicating for the starters to go in.
the starters began to walk onto the court, leilani being one of them.

alexandra hesitated. she looked at her coach for permission and he nodded. a slight smile began forming on her face as she turned around and walked on the court, feeling back in her element again.

she wasn't gonna let him down this time. she turned to leilani, seeing leilani smile at her.

alexandra went in there and just played her game. she made two three pointers her first 3 minutes in. she didn't even look at her coach once. she didn't want to see his reaction.