𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

twenty three — reality.

"UGH, finally!!" alexandra groaned as she entered the house with her dad. her mom was home, sitting on the couch watching the news.
"did you win?" her mom asked, looking up at alex.
"yup," she said happily.
"yay!!!" her mom exclaimed, making her let out a laugh.

"where's devin?" alex wondered, hoping he wasn't home.
"up your ass," devin spoke as he walked down the stairs. alex rolled her eyes at him and then turned the opposite direction.

alex went upstairs to her room and took a nice everything shower. she washed her hair, shaved, exfoliated everything, and then did her skincare, along with putting lotion and moisturizer all over her body.

she changed into nike pros and a oversized tee shirt and then also put her hair into a braid. she then finally flopped on her bed and got comfortable. she picked up her phone and saw it was almost eight, and she was in the shower for a very long time.

she had 2 missed facetime calls from vinnie. one at 5:12 P.M, and one at 6:27 P.M. she decided to call him back.

ringing vinnie hacker ..

"hi," he said with a smile as he answered the call. his face was in the middle of the frame. he looked like he had just got out of the shower, the lights were dimmed, and he was in a white wife beater with his hair wet. yummy.

"hi," alex responded back with a smile.
"when'd you get home?" vinnie wondered.
"like an hour ago, but i showered for a while, so i didn't see your calls," alex explained and he nodded.

"so how was your day?" he asked.
"umm," she thought, "pretty good." she said and he nodded.
"good," he spoke, "how about in the morning? you never ended up telling me what happened at your game." he told her.

"oh, right!" alex said happily. "SOOO, basically, i didn't really start of the game very good, i had a couple travels and missed some easy points so my coach got mad .. and subbed me out" she began.

"WHICH NEVER EVER HAPPENS!" she exclaimed, "like i don't mean to be cocky but like.. i don't get subbed out .. ANYWAYS, THEN he put this girl in, and she's very obviously not better than me and HES NOT TAKING HER OUT. he's keeping her there for the rest of the period, and i'm talking to my teammate and she's even confused why the other girls in and i'm not."

"wait so then.. how did u score so much points?" vinnie wondered.
"... jjus listen," she told him, "so then, whenever half times over, he puts me in again, obviously.. AS HE SHOULD. and i stayed in the rest of the game, and i did like.. so good, like i always do good, but this time i did very very very good. " she said.

"i made two 3 pointers in the first 3 minutes i was in,
and then i had like a bunch of assists, i made all my free throws in, and i basically just did amazing. and then coach told me he was proud of me after. but like whenever he took me out i almost started crying .. cause like like i'm not tryna be a bench rider."

"a bench warmer?" vinnie questioned, smiling at her through the camera.
"yeah, yeah, whatever it's called." alex nodded.

"out of curiosity.. when's the last time u were on the bench, besides today?" vinnie asked.
"ummm.. hmm," she thought, "like never." she let out a laugh, making vinnie nod in response.

"what are you up to tomorrow?" he wondered.
"uhh, i don't think i'm doing anything." she explained, "why?"
"just asking," he told her and she smiled.

vinnies pov || 

i was asking alex if she was free tomorrow because i decided that tomorrows the day i'm gonna ask her out. every time i asked jordan for an idea of what to do, he would always say to go text maddy, but honestly i felt guilty about texting another girl and asking how to ask my own girl out, so i decided to really just sit and think of what i was gonna do.

after very hard thinking, i came to the conclusion that i suck at being original.

to start, i know i want to buy her flowers.. but i just don't know how to approach her. i know the kinds of stuff she likes, but it's still just hard for me to come up with good ideas.

i debated on texting serena, her best friend, multiple times. there was so many times i was about to get ryland to text her for me, but i kept overthinking.
i didn't want her to tell alex, and i also didn't want alex to find out that serena planned it instead of me, so i was basically forced into planning it myself.

i mean not that i mind, it's just difficult. i don't really want to do something too big and fancy, it's just not my style, but i came up with an idea that is probably a pretty safe option.

i can write her a sign that says "will you be my girlfriend?", and then i'll get her roses and a teddy bear, and candy. OKAY, THATS GOOD.

i'm not changing that idea because i don't know anything else i could possibly even do. i just hope she's happy. i really really hope she's happy.