Chapter 15

5 Days Later...

The Hidden Leaf Village was abuzz with excitement as the Chunin Exam preliminaries kicked off. The arena was filled with aspiring young ninja from various villages, each determined to prove their skills and earn the coveted Chunin rank.

Among the competitors were Naruto, Sasuke and Hinata who had recently faced Orochimaru in the Forest of Death. They were eager to demonstrate their growth and determination in the preliminary rounds. The preliminary matches were fast-paced and intense, with each participant showcasing their unique abilities. Naruto's Death fist style and newfound control over his chakra impressed the audience, while Sasuke's Sharingan allowed him to anticipate and counter his opponents' moves. Hinata displayed her mastery of the Gentle Fist style, effortlessly disabling her adversaries. They were not fighting orochimaru anymore. They were confident they would win against genin.

All of the genin who managed to pass within 5 days were called to the preliminary stadium. Once they arrived they saw Minato, The fourth Hokage and Hiruzen, The Third Hokage with other shinobi as well. Naruto made eye contact with minato signaling that he will explain later with a shadow clone.

Hiruzen was gazing at the students in thought 'It's hard to believe only 8 teams have passed'

"Quiet Pipsqueaks!" Anko shouted "Lord Fourth is going to explain the exam now."

Minato stood up and cleared his throat.

"First, before I explain the third exam I would like to say something to you all now" Minato started "I am going to tell you the true purpose of these exams."

'Purpose?' Most of the genins were thinking the same

"Why do you suppose the country hold these exams with our allies and enemies in the first place?" Minato asked

"To raise the abilities of their shinobi and to be proud of their land. As well as proving superiority over other nations. There are various leaders who come to the chunin exam to see what kind of military they are dealing with and take note. If there is a gap in power between Nations. The stronger nations will receive more mission requests while the weaker ones will receive less requests. The stronger countries and negotiate with the other countries. So its important to show your strength during the chunin exams"

"but Hokage-Sama" Kiba called out "Why is it us who have to risk our lives"

Minato faced towards Kiba before speaking "The Country's strength is the Village's strength, The Village's strength is the Shinobi' strength and the true strength of the shinobi is achieved when they are pushed to their limit. Such as in a Life and Death Battle. This exam is to display each country's shinobi strength and hence, the strength of the nation itself. Its because your life is on the line that this exam has meaning. It is a dream truly worth striving for. This is a custom in which balances preserved by fighting and dying. In the world of the Shinobi that is friendship. The third exam is the fight for your life and the pride of your village is in your hands."

"Alright! Tell us the details and we will get along with it"

Minato nodded "Very well, I will tell you all the details of the third exam."

Before Minato spoke again. A shinobi stood up and spoke. He had short brown hair, dark-coloured eyes and dark markings under his eyes. He wore the standard Konoha shinobi outfit complete with a that he wore as a bandanna, and regular shinobi sandals. He also carried a katana with a rectangular hand guard strapped over his back.

"Lord Hokage" He spoke "Please allow me, Hayate Gekko, The proctor of the third exam to speak."

Minato nodded "Very well, so be it." He said before sitting back down.