Chapter 5 - Give me a chance...

Suki was not happy to have to leave her mother and she followed Salvatore only because she didn't want to worry Fumiko. The little girl kept in mind that the situation was only temporary. In few days, they will be back home, finding back their lives.

The ride back home was silent in the car. Gabriel was on his own car, just like Dante. Suki was with her father, his assistant and a bodyguard. Salvatore was still thinking about his talk with Fumiko.

When the car parked in front of the house, a guard had to open the door for Salvatore to notice that they were arrived.

Suki followed him inside and asked permission to go to her bedroom. The head of the family told her that she didn't need his permission to do something in the house. She was free to go everywhere, even in the huge garden, just not in the side house where he and his sons could have work to do. Suki stayed in her bedroom until she was called for dinner. The ambiance was as tense as in the morning.

The boys were focusing on the food, ignoring the little girl. Only Enzo nodded to her when she entered the dining room. Salvatore encouraged her to eat and that's when he wondered if she had eaten something since her breakfast. It was usual for him and his eldest sons to skip meals, but he forgot that he was now responsible of that little girl. He couldn't expect from her to eat correctly 3 times per day if himself, was not capable to remember that she had to eat.

Salvatore: Try this, Aldo prepared this especially for you.

Suki: Thank you. (She didn't want to protest and will taste the food.)

Salvatore: Someone will rearrange a new room for you soon. I noticed that you didn't bring a lot of clothes, we can take you for shopping if...

Suki: It's... not necessary... (She looked down.)... the bedroom is good...

Salvatore: It's a room for guests.

Davide: She is a guest... it's appropriate... (He laughed at his remark.)

Vito: Guest is a too kind word to describe her... (He laughed too.)

Salvatore glared at his sons. He was hoping that this will be enough to make them shut up, but they continued to murmur nasty comments. Gabriel was less patient with his brothers. 

Gabriel: Both of you, in the gym room, now.

Davide: What the f... (He didn't finish his sentence.) Damn... just because of that piece of shit!

Salvatore: Davide!

Gabriel: (He stood up.) Keep going... (His anger was visible.)

Vito: When is she leaving so that we can have a normal dinner?

Dante: Very soon...

Suki: Ex... excuse me... I am full, can I leave the table?

Suki knew that she was the cause of the dispute between the brothers. She didn't want that. She didn't like to be the center of the attention... or in that case, the center of the tensions.

Enzo: I'm done too. (He stood up.) Eh kid, let's go... I'm going up too.

Suki looked at Salvatore to have his approval and he nodded with an apologetic smile. Gabriel didn't look at the little girl, he was too ashamed for that. Ashamed of his brothers' behavior. They were not the kindest guys after their mother's accident but with Suki, it was too much. She was innocent in that story; she didn't deserve so much hate from people she shared blood with.