Chapter 25 - Valentina...

After that Japanese's guys words, Davide stayed silent few seconds. He couldn't believe that this man had been able to find his number and that he had the guts to call him to propose, with a barely hidden motive, to kill his niece. Davide started to record the call.

Kenshiro Tanaka: Are you so shocked that you lost that sharp tongue of yours?

Davide: Kind of... you don't receive calls everydays from someone proposing to kill a little girl...

Kenshiro Tanaka: I understand... but as you say, she is just a girl, nothing more for you... so, I am sure, that behind that rude behavior that you like to show, you will be glad to have someone taking rid of her for you!

Suki's image came in Davide's mind. He hated her since he found out about her existence. He tried to make her leave his house, threatening her, to reach his goal, but today, was he ready to make her kill?  He had to stop short to the conversation because Gianni came outside with one of his friends.

Davide: I'm not alone right now, why don't we contact each other later...

Kenshiro Tanaka: I was sure that we had a common interest. Just give me the opportunity and your problem will be solved!

Davide: Sure... (He smirked.) I will keep you updated this weekend! (He cut the call.)

Gianni's friend: A girl... I guess... (He handed a cigarette to him.)

Davide: Not really... but still an interesting call...

Gianni: Who was it if not a girl? Your smirk is suspicious. (He took the cigarette from Davide's mouth and crushed it.)

Davide: I will tell you soon enough... I'm going back inside... as Mr Muscle is not letting me enjoying life!

Gianni: Shut up!

Davide joined Vito inside, but he kept the call secret from him.

The night passed quickly. Contrary to her habits, Suki didn't wake up early. The tiredness of the week and the events of the previous day took a lot of her energy. Adding the movie, she watched with her brothers and the pain killers she took for her painful black-eye, she emerged from Dreamland around 10.30am. It was not usual for her, even her Dad stopped by her bedroom around 10.00 am, as he didn't see her coming for breakfast.

Salvatore: Good morning, Suki, did you sleep well?

Suki: Good morning Otô-san..., yes, sorry, it's late...

Salvatore: Why are you apologizing? Does my daughter have an important appointment that she missed? (He smiled when she shook her head.) No, right? You needed to sleep more, you did it, that's all. You put too much pressure on you, you're just a child.

What do you want for breakfast?

Suki: I can prepare it myself, don't worry.

Salvatore: I am sure you can, but I would like to prepare it for you... even if my cooking abilities are not those of Aldo, I'm not that bad.

Suki installed herself at the kitchen counter and Salvatore prepared, as asked by his daughter, a fruits salad. She thought about something simple, not wanting to bother him. He decided to add few pancakes, knowing that even if she didn't eat them, his sons would not let them go to waste.