Chapter 27 - Feelings...

The ride to the hospital seemed too long for the three Smith brothers. Even the cold Davide was worried for the little girl. The bandage that Dante put on Suki's arm was full of blood. They didn't dare to touch it to look at the wound.

Davide had informed his father of the evolution of the situation and Salvatore was on his way to the hospital, just like the three other brothers.

When the driver parked in front of the emergency entry of the hospital, a medical team was ready to take care of the little girl. They have been informed of their arrival and the best doctors were present with the best plastic surgeon.

Gabriel carried Suki out of the car and delicately put her on the stretcher. They followed the medical team to one of the box. 

Doctor: We will do a first check of the patient here and if necessary, we will take her to an operation room...

Gabriel: Do your best to treat her and to avoid her to have a big scar!

The medical team began Suki's auscultation under Gabriel's surveillance. They questioned him about what happened and the little girl's possible wounds. Gabriel stayed vague, only precising that her black eye was from few days ago.

Dante and Davide were waiting in the corridor. A nurse tried to take care of Dante's injuries, but he refused to be treated, stating that it was nothing serious. In fact, the young man wanted to know more about his little sister's state before thinking about himself. Salvatorearrived 5 minutes after they entered in the room.

Salvatore: Where is Suki? How is she doing?

Dante: With Gabriel, in that room. She was hurt at her arm.

Salvatore: And you? (He noticed his wounds.)

Dante: Nothing serious... she had fainted but... (The door of the room opened and interrupted them.)

Doctor: Excuse us... we're taking the patient to surgery.

Salvatore: Suki! Suki! (She was still unconscious.) Gabriel? 

Gabriel had a serious and cold face. The wound on Suki's arm was serious enough to request a surgery. The doctors left with Suki and the Smith followed to the surgery area before being stopped by one of the nurses.

Nurse: Please wait here until the surgery is done. The doctor will come to update you on the patient situation in due time. (She left.)

Salvatore: Gabriel? What did they say?

Gabriel: The cut is pretty deep, and she needs a surgery. They didn't say anything else about her recovery... 

No one expected Gabriel's words. The three oldest members had to deal with knife injuries and rarely went to surgery. Even when Salvatore was stabbed by the past, he endured the stitches without anesthesia, counting on the help of a good Whisky. So, to have to go to surgery, how serious was the wound?

Salvatore: How all of this happened? Dante?

Dante: That bodyguard betrayed us... I had to deal with that Tanaka and his men... but he attacked by surprise and she... she was hurt.

Dante felt responsible of the little girl's state. He felt guilty to not have been able to protect her, and even worse, than she was injured because she protected him. It was not her role, but his and he failed.

Gabriel: Thanks to Davide, we learnt that Tanaka was about to attack. Unfortunately, he had a step ahead and Dante had to face them alone.