Chapter 16 - Normal days...

The next day passed quickly. Suki was taken back home by one of the bodyguard and when she entered the living room, she found books and a note from her father on the table. It was kids' books to learn Italian. She smiled and took the books to her room before texting her father to thank him.

He replied one hour later when his meeting ended and informed her that he would probably come back home too late but will come to say goodnight to her, if possible, when coming back.

Suki had dinner with the three younger brothers before Davide and Enzo left to join Davide's friends and Vito his new girlfriend.

Suki went to rest in her bedroom, and she comfortably installed herself in her bed with one of the book. She felt asleep around 10.00pm with the night-stand light on and the book opened on her.

Salvatore arrived at 10.30pm and found her in the middle of her plushies. He found her very cute and smiled, happy to have her in his life. He took the book and readjusted the blanket.

Salvatore: My dear little girl... have a good night full of beautiful dreams. 

On Saturday morning, Suki was taking her breakfast alone when Gabriel and Dante arrived. They flighted back with the first flight in the morning, but they weren't showing any traces of tiredness.

Gabriel: Good morning, Suki... how was the end of your week at school? (He served himself a cup of coffee and sat.)

Dante: (He took a glass of fresh juice.) No asses to beat up?

Gabriel glared at Dante for his choice of words, but the young man shrugged with a smirk. Suki was surprised by his interest on her.

Suki: Good morning to you too. It was normal. Did you just come back from your business trip?

Gabriel: Yes. There is an event tonight for Gianni's new business opening and our family has to be present.

Suki: For his fighting club?

Gabriel: Exactly. MMA is a very popular sports lately, so a lot of people had interest in it. It's a good opportunity to make new contacts.

Dante: You don't plan to take that kid with us tonight, right? I don't want to have to babysit her all night long!

Gabriel: Dante, please... (He looked at Suki.)... As I said, our family is going to show support to Gianni tonight, but you have no obligation to come. And frankly speaking, I don't think that it is a good place for you to go. Even if MMA is a sport, it is not something a little girl like you should watch.

Suki: I can stay here alone, it's not the first time.

Gabriel: There will be guards to keep you safe and we will be available on the phone if necessary. I can ask Maria to stay with you too if you prefer.

Suki: You don't need to bother Mrs Maria, I'm fine by myself.

Gabriel: (He smiled and patted her head.) I'm sure of this.

Dante grabbed an apple and took a big bite on it. He noticed that the little girl blushed when Gabriel patted her head. He saw them becoming closer and closer as time passed. Even if Gabriel was intimidating for most people, it didn't seem the case for Suki.

She had acknowledged Gabriel's strong aura from the first time she saw him but at the same time, that strong aura was reassuring for her. His calm tone when he spoke to her and his attention to her were recomforting after her mother's death. Thanks to Gabriel, Suki was slowly adapting to her new life with her newfound family.