9 || Cyber-bullying

Today we discuss about the most common type of bullying people often experience, cyber-bullying.

These days alot of social media are famous and is commonly used by people, some use it to communicate and some use it to express their opinions or spread awareness.

Though social medias may be helpful to us in this generation, aside from the positivity impact of it we also experience some negative impact.

Cyber-bullying is included in one of those lists, I wanted to make this chapter about cyber-bullying since I have experienced it myself and it is commonly happening these days.

As days goes by the bullying cases raises up, alot of people tend to lose their lives or experience mental health difficulties.

It is important for us to share awareness or always check up on people!

--------------------------------------------------------------
• Questions and Answers.

What is cyber-bullying?

This is mostly what some people may ask, what exactly is cyber-bullying?
Cyber-bullying is a type of bullying that is done by device, it can happen through social medias or any apps.

It is similar to bullying but this time in devices, some cyber-bullying cases can include getting insulted or called negative words, death threats, spreading misinformation or false rumours and more.

Although it only happens in online it does effect one another person's health mentally and physically, some can lead to suicide. It is easy to bring down someone online especially if it comes to getting their private information, that's why cyber-bullying is mostly something that is happening recently.

Is it important for us to not make others feel invalidated especially because it's hard to seek help, alot of people consider cyber-bullying as something stupid since it only happens in online but we must know that it's still bullying.

Cyber-bullying is also against the law, including in real life bullying and it us under the law of Act No. 10627

"The Anti-Bullying Act of 2013 (Republic Act No. 10627) recognizes the importance of preventing and responding to bullying, including cyberbullying, in educational institutions. Schools are mandated to adopt policies and mechanisms to effectively handle and address bullying incidents."

Adding a link in the comments about an article of the consequences of cyber-bullying! --->

What are the effects of cyber-bullying?

Victims of cyber-bullying can experience alot of things and mental health issues is included in that. They may experience lack of confidence or insecurities, suicidal thoughts, depression, anxiety and more.

Not only can it effect their mental health but physical health too especially if their mental health already got worser, depression can lead to lack of motivation meaning some people may barely take care of their health such as not eating at the right time or not sleeping at the right time and more!

Some may experience some trauma especially if they're at such a young age, it can effect them alot easier.

What can be the main causes of people cyber-bullying others?

This one can depend in one anothers situation but sometimes or the often main cause of people cyber-bullying others are not agreeing with a specific opinion or an argument.

Some people can hold alot of grudge or be really angry to the fact they can say some horrible things, some people who do these things can also be uneducated with the effects or consequences of their actions.