ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ 8

Akshita's pov

Shivani Di entered home with her 5 year old daughter Tanya and we all gathered around them. After Ma I engulfed her in a tight hug.

"Hello Akshita bhabhi" she teased.

"Hello di" she chuckled seeing my scrunched nose.

"Haha okay it's Akshita only. How are you ?? " she covered up.

"After seeing you very happy" I squealed in happiness.

She was the first one to support me here. She knew in which circumstances I got married and how difficult it was for me to manage everything. She always guided me and helped me.

"Hello mami" Tanya said in her cute baby voice and I lifted her in my arms hugging her while she too wrapped her hands and legs around my back.

"I missed you so much cutie pie" I placed a kiss on her hair and she returned a kiss on my cheek.

"I miss you too mami"

Papa and Ishan hugged them too and then we all settled for breakfast. With lots of laughs we finished the breakfast.

"So how is life going ?" Di asked when I was helping her to arrange her clothes in the wardrobe.

"Good as usual"

"Is my brother treating you well ?" Her question made me awkward but I nodded yes.

"I will talk to him about his behaviour on your first anniversary" anger evident in her voice.

"It's ok he was busy or else why would he miss" I lied.

"Apni first anniversary pe itna kon busy hota ? Kaam apni jagah family apni jagah hoti hai" she exclaimed.

(Who gets so busy on his first marriage anniversary ? Work at one place and family at other)

"Uh-- aap batao kitne din ke liye aaye ho ?" I tried to change the topic.

(For how many days you are here ?)

"Itne ke tum sunke thakk jao shayad" she chuckled.

(You would get exhausted if I told you)

"Jitne zyda din utni zyda khushi" I grin ear to ear.

(More the no of days, more will be my happiness)

After dinner I was entering the room but was taken aback when glass was smashed on the wall just an inch away from me. Involuntarily my hand went on my chest feeling my heart which was beating rapidly and I could literally hear the thumping noise in my ears. I released a breath which I didn't know I was holding for how long. My body was trembling in fear still with shock.

But suddenly my face met a hard thing, a familiar scent engulfed me to which I leaned on more seeking comfort.

Aditya !!
He was hugging me.

Yes Aditya was hugging me, his arms securely encircled on my waist and my face dipped on his chest. I could hear his heart beat which was beating rapidly ,I clasped his shirt in my fist and hugged him back feeling safe in his arms.

It was the first time we were hugging eachother like this. It felt so good to be like this. So warm, soothing and serene. I could spent my entire life in his feeling him so close to me.  His face dipped in my neck and I could feel his warm breath on my neck. After what felt like an eternity Aditya loosened his hold on me and pulled away. Immediately I missed his warmth and pout sadly.

"Are you ok ?? Did I hurt you ?" His concerned voice reached my ears and I looked up to find a pool of fear and worry in his eyes.

"Yes" I answered feeling confused with his behaviour.