ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ 13

Flashback
Akshita was sitting idle sipping her coffee in complete silence waiting for her husband's arrival. Her in laws were staying at a relative place while Ishan had a night stay with his friends. And she doesn't need any research to know that her mother in law has sent him willingly to his friend's place so that Akshita and Aditya could spend some quality time together which was a very rare thing in their 6 months of marriage.

Akshita's life had a taken a complete 360° turn. She changed from a carefree student to a now responsible wife and daughter in law. It was a climb to a steep hill for her to absorb so many changes in short span. To realise that her dream was shattered completely and burden of responsibilities or duties laden on her. In the initial days of her marriage she tried to adjust in a new environment, new people, new place and new life. Her in laws were friendly and lovely which made her unwind. She was so busy in these things that she never got to spent time with her husband. Just a few words were exchanged till now nothing like newly wedded couples. As he spent most of his time in his work and office. He was a workaholic man her brother in law informed her. Hence she assumed that like her he was also trying to absorb the changes in his life.

Quite a change today she was determined to talk to him for a fresh start. To sort out everything, share their feelings and thoughts about this marriage to progress in their relationship.

Her chain of thoughts broke with a honk resonating across the mansion. She looked through the glass window to find him stepping out of his car. She strolled towards the door, opening it, she welcomed him with a warm smile to which he gave a curt nodded before stepping in.

His eyes wandered around the living with a frown etched on his face receiving a hushed silence in the mansion which was impossible till his brother existence.

"Where is everyone ?" He questioned plopping on the couch.

"Ma Papa went to some relatives place and they will be staying the night. Ishan went to his friend for a night stay" She answered passing a glass of water which he took.

"With whose permission he left ?" She rolled her eyes at his question.

"Why does he keep nagging Ishan ? he is such a cute and goofy boy" She thought.

"Ma gave him permission. Anyways take a bath I will set the dinner" She said before heading towards the kitchen.

Dinner was a silent affair. She kept the conversation for later.

After cleaning the dishes Akshita entered her room and rolled her eyes watching Aditya reading a file. She sucked a deep breathe and sat beside him still unnoticed.

"Aditya we need to talk" She said burning holes in his head.

"All this man knows is work and work" Her conscience mocked.

"Hmm I am all ears" he answered his eyes still focused on file.

"It's important" within a minute the file was snatched from his hand and slammed on the tea table.

Aditya brows furrowed at his impatient wife who always seemed so calm. Little did he new what was coming.

"Enough of running from eachother. Now we should think about our relationship" she initiated and Aditya stiffed understanding where this conversation is heading to.

"I know our lives have changed and so many things are coming up. But we should just accept it and ahead we are husband wife so we--" her words were cut off mid way by him.