Chapter 1

Chapter 01 Sparrows and The Jackdaws

The morning light is breaking out, and the fine snow is falling.

The clouds and smoke in the Old Dust Valley blend into the dark blue sky, revealing only empty and deep shadows, making it difficult for the world to peek. Street in the Valley.

There are already some bustling sounds in the city. The traffic of cars, horses and pedestrians and the shouts of store vendors make this isolated valley a place of human life.

The breath of fire.

In the room with flickering candlelight and ambiguous light, a pair of slender white feet stretched out from the brocade quilt of the warm room. A woman in a thin shirt slowly.

She slowly got out of bed, walked softly to the almost extinguished brazier with her bare feet, and added new charcoal.

There was also a young man sleeping soundly on the soft couch beside the bed.

After a long while, the woman walked to the soft couch, sat on the ground, and looked closely at his face. The man has jade-like skin, clear contours, light lips and eyebrows.

Deep, even if he closed his eyes and fell asleep, there was still an indescribable warmth in his appearance.
Wanhua Tower is a place for fun. Compared with the night, it seems deserted and lonely at this moment.

Suddenly there were footsteps in the corridor outside the door, and someone stretched out his hand.

The sign on the door was turned over, and the peonies in full bloom were replaced with budding flower buds.
Then, a copper bell hanging in the corner of the room was tugged, and the clear ringing sounded in the silence.
This woman is the number one in Wanhua Tower, named Ziyi. The bell rings to welcome and send someone away.

Ziyi looked back at Tongling. At this time, Gong Ziyu on the bed had opened his eyes. "Woke up?"

Gong Ziyu was sleepy, but his eyes were as dark as the stars at midnight. He stood up, walked straight to the window, and pushed open the window with his slender fingers.

He put up the window brace. Scattered snowflakes drifted into the window, and the wind blew his robe open. He frowned in the cold, pulled up his clothes and hugged his arms tightly.

He raised his head and looked at the blue-grey sky outside the window.
"It's snowing...winter is so early this year..."

A little bit of snow fell on Gong Ziyu's eyebrows, black and white clearly visible. Behind him, Ziyi came over and put a hot hand heater in an embroidery bag. Into his arms.

Ziyi smiled softly: "You really have such a good skin for nothing. You are tall and strong, and you can wield swords and sabres, but you are so afraid of the cold. Well, just now I gave you the hand stove I bought."

Then Ziyi handed over another cup of hot tea, and the two of them stood in front of the window watching the snow while holding two cups of steaming hot tea.

Gong Ziyu smiled, his eyes became warmer, like the heat flowing in a hand stove: "No matter how warm the hand stove or hot tea is, it is not as warm as purple clothes. Not only your body is warm but the heart is warm too."

Ziyi's face looked a little sad, and she looked away: "Stop making trouble, it's time for you to pack up and go back."

Gong Ziyu glanced at the door subconsciously: "Why, are there guests early in the morning?"

Ziyi teased: "Other guests are not like you, spending money but sleeping on the couch by yourself."

"I like to stay with you, not because of... that..." Gong Ziyu's usual cynical face actually showed up a bit embarrassed, he didn't say anything after all.