Chapter 2

Chapter 2 -   Monsters and monsters

An underground well was surrounded by square hard stone walls. Only a patch of gray sky was exposed above the four gray walls. Heavy rain fell from above, turning the soil at the soles of the feet into mud.

The seven girls in coarse cloth training uniforms were in a messy shape and scarred, and each of them was breathing heavily.

Yun Weishan's eyes were as bright as a torch, watching everyone with vigilance, and her hand was tightly holding a thinner little girl. The girl had round almond eyes and green brows. She should have been innocent and pure at her age, but she could only struggle in danger and try her best to survive.

It's Yun Weishan's adopted sister Yun Que. In that dark place, they are each other's only support.

Jackdaw Il, who was standing on the edge, stepped forward slowly and threw a sword into the mud. The mud splashed with a splash, and a girl screamed and fell to the side, almost being stabbed by the sword. The sword was so heavy that it sank into the muddy water.

Immediately, Han Ya Si also walked in and threw the second sword at them.

The girls' screams grew louder and louder. They screamed and retreated around for cover. They didn't know what would happen next.

Until Han Ya Qi threw in the last sword.

Suddenly, one girl reacted first. She rushed over and grabbed the weapons on the ground. This action seemed to be contagious. More girls jumped into the mire to grab weapons and started fighting.

Heavy rain poured down from the sky above the patio, and the starchy muddy water was dyed red little by little. The wounds on the girls' bodies were mixed with mud, and were quickly washed away by the cold rain until they became cold, numb, and insensible to pain.

Yun Weishan and Yunque hugged each other, huddled in the corner and shivering, their young faces becoming even paler from the rain.

There was mud splashed on Yun Weishan's face. It might have been blood. She couldn't help it and closed her eyes.

Fighting, like a helpless cub trapped in a cage, the unknown survival first learns to fight.

In a daze, Yun Weishan opened her eyes and woke up from her dream.

It turned out that she had dreamed about the days when she was training in Wufeng again.

She was no longer in the training well at the moment, but the stone beneath her was cold and damp, not much better than the training well.

Yun Weishan moved her body. The surrounding stone walls were smooth, and the light was dim. In front of her was a closed cell door. It was obviously a dungeon. The old wood on the cell door had a black colour, as if it had been soaked in blood, giving off an eerie and terrifying aura.

All the brides were caught in this place as soon as they arrived at the palace gate. The palace gate must have discovered that one of the brides had an abnormal identity. However, all the brides suffered, which shows that they did not know who the ghost was.

The situation is pretty good, Yun Weishan thought.

The bride who was also locked in the same cell as her was Zheng Nanyi, the second daughter of the Zheng family. She was leaning against the wall and eavesdropping. When she heard the sound of Yun Weishan waking up, she suddenly sat back.

Yun Weishan looked at her, and she looked at Yun Weishan meaningfully.

This girl's face was full of alertness and vigilance, but there was no trace of fear.