Chapter Thirty Six: Communication

36. Communication

09-30-2023

A/N: Woo, I posted before the day was over! Sorry for the slight delay!

I'm actually pretty cool with the rate of which I'm posting and the amount of words I put in chapters now. Weekly updates are gonna be permanent! I will let you guys know if there will be delays on my profile though, like earlier.

Q: What has been your favorite chapter so far and why?

-----

"Senku, the phone's ringing!"

You and Senku were in the observatory with nearly all of your friends early in the morning. The phone suddenly started ringing as all of you waited and prepped for anything that could happen.

The boy grabbed the phone and answered it casually, "Yo."

You then heard it; A big oaf crying out loud through the other line, "SENKUUUU! (Y/NNNN)!"

As everybody heard the voice go through, the villagers were impressed, while you and Senku were feeling nostalgic.

"Oho! The cellphone hotline is finally connected across this enormous distance!" Kaseki cheered.

Kohaku spoke up, "So this is the guy we've heard about! His name is--"

"Taijuuu! Yuzurihaaa! I missed you guys so muuuch!" you blurted out in a trembling voice, tears welling in your eyes, as you took the mic out of the scientist's hands. You couldn't even hold in your emotions anymore and ended up melting into your feelings.

"Kukuku...this is so nostalgic, I could shed a tear with that stupidly huge voice of yours," said Senku, his head tilted upward to keep his hidden tears from pouring out of his eyes. "It's almost been a whole year, huh?"

You heard Taiju struggling to talk, "Senku, (Y/N)...I...I'm...I'm Senku! I'm Senku!"

Your boyfriend's face turned to annoyance as he heard the brute bawling his eyes out through the phone. He leaned down as you held the microphone up and said, "You're me? No, I'm Senku. Pull yourself together before you talk, man."

"Ugh, sorry...I'm getting too emotional!" He wailed.

Then you heard Yuzuriha speaking; her voice shaky and light, "One year...and you guys already made a cellphone, Senku-kun, (Y/N)-chan? Ha...it's too incredible to believe, but it's you!"

"A lot more happened, Yuzuriha, and I would love to tell you everything if I could," you told her. "But we don't have time to talk right now. We have something to tell you guys."

"Skipping the small talk, are ya?" Kaseki blurted out.

Kohaku told him, "There's no choice, really. Especially if they're being watched."

Senku then placed a hand on his hip as you handed him the device. He instructed them firmly, "Listen up, you two. First, you need to bring over one of Tsukasa's soldiers. Whatever it takes to convince them, just get them in front of the phone. More details later...actually, it's better if you don't know the details, Taiju. Whatever weird stuff you go hearing, just go ahead and believe like the big oaf you are."

Your friends in the village were talking amongst themselves as you heard nothing coming out from the other side. 

"So harsh man...you trying to make this Taiju guy mad?" Ginro muttered.

Then Taiju spoke after a few seconds of thinking, "Guys, I just wanna make sure of one thing...is this the best way to avoid bloodshed?"

"Of course! We don't wanna be murderers, do we?" you said with a grin.