QU

I TAKIP MY tenga with both of my hands as I gawa a breathing exercise. My heart is beating too fast and I'm sweating bullets.

He's not here anymore, Amy. Calm down. You're safe.

You're safe.

I gawa what my psychologist told me. To hinga nang malalim, and to transform my negative thoughts into something that can make me adapt into this situation right now. I don't want to crumble.

I can't crumble.

My fingers are narinig as I remember that voice. . . the voice of the person who fucking scarred my soul. Fuck. Why did he balik here?

I'm safe. No one will hurt me. He can't hurt me.

Tears are still making tulo from my mata, wetting my cheeks. But I didn't bother to pahid them. My daliri are numb, and I don't want to alis my hands from my tenga.

I'm afraid I might hear his voice once I do. . . and I'll lose my sanity once again. I can't let that happen.

After a while of doing breathing exercises and making sabi my mantra, I felt my senses calm down. And when I put my kamay down, I felt my ears hurting.

I didn't notice that my grip on my ears were tight. And now, they're mahapdi tuloy.

"Amy."

I looked up and saw Jackson walking towards me. There was pag-alala in his eyes, but I just gave him a small smile, trying to show him that I'm fine.

I don't want to make him worried.

"Jack, can we uwi na sa home natin, please?" I muttered in a small na boses as if nothing happened and pulled my mind away from what happened kanina.

If I immersed myself in that situation, I might not be able to function well.

Jackson slowly make lakad towards me. His eyes are full of tenderness and concern.

He crouched down in front of me and placed his hand on my hita, caressing it as if comforting me. His mata are still on me, and it was as if he doesn't have any balak to avert his gaze.

My heart jumped as I looked at his grey eyes, and my heart makes sipa nang super bilis as his stares drown me.

"Okay," he simply replied and nodded. He itaas his hand and wiped my tear-streaked cheeks. I just let him do that to me, feeling the warmth of his hinlalaki caressing my cheeks.

I looked at his mata. We are just making tingin at each other and just like that, my demons were silenced.

With him by my side, I suddenly feel at ease.

And when he carried me after wiping my tears, all my worries vanished away.

I subsob my mukha in his neck and closed my mata, feeling tired and drained. Damn. What would I ever do without Jack?

"I don't want to ask about what happened to you, since I can sense you don't want to talk about it. Baka mas lalo ka pang ma-drain.

But, sweetie, if you're ready to talk about why you acted that way all of a sudden, I'm all ears, okay?" He kissed the side of my head and tightened his kapit on me.

A small smile formed across my labi upon hearing that, and there was something in my puso that I couldn't explain.

Gosh, I'm so thankful for this man. He doesn't force me to make salita. He doesn't pressure me.

"Thank you, Jackson." I mulat my mata and kisses his pisngi, making him smile. And there, his biloy is showing again!

"Kiss me again."