WE

WHY IS HE sorry? For not visiting me ba?

For not replying to my texts and messages?

For not making paramdam to me?

It feels like I'm mababaliw because of the katanungan inside my utak! I expected him to be the one to bantay to me after making padala the bouquet, but I didn't even kita him, not even a single strand of his hair!

I don't know if I'm magagalit, cry, or understand him na lang by making gawa ng own assumptions that would feed my delusions. This is so nakakatangina.

My puso wants to make sabog because of too much emotions. And when I tried to call him yesterday, he didn't sagot my tawag! What's happening to him ba?

"Anak, are you okay ba?" my mom spoke, concern flashing in her eyes.

With a nguso, I sighed and nodded my ulo. "Yes. It's just that, I'm nag-aalala kay Jackson. He didn't bisita me since my operation was natapos."

Mom seems like she was stunned, and when she processed my salita, her gaze became tender and she raised her right hand to caress my hair.

"Maybe he was just busy, Amy. Anyways, Aile and your dad will visit you mamaya. Do you want anything ba?"

Aile and daddy always visit me. Our family bond seemed to grow stronger, and it makes me super masaya. My parents finally acknowledged me. It's always Aile, Aile, and Aile before, but now, they treat us fairly and squarely.

I iling my ulo and looked at the bouquet. "Nothing, mom." I want Jackson.

My puso longs for my man. Days without him hurt me so much. Is he in another bansa ba? But he can just contact me naman or video call! Why isn't he doing something to see me?

The events before I had a heart attack suddenly flashed in my mind, making me widen my eyes. I remember Jackson. . . telling the caller to tie someone up, and to not let that someone escape.

Fuck.

Is that the reason why he didn't visit me for once? Is he doing something. . . illegal right now?

My puso is tumibok nang super mabilis, making me lunok continuously. The thought of Jackson doing something. . . so monstrous makes me scared, not for myself, but for him.

What if he's in danger right now?

That thought kept on bothering me until Aile and Daddy came, but to my surprise, they look malungkot and down, but they managed to give me a ngiti.

"H-How's my princess?" Daddy's voice cracked, and tears formed in the gilid of his eyes.

Forehead knotting, I answered him, "I'm fine, Dad. Why are you malungkot ba?"

Is he sad about my condition kaya? But I'm okay lang naman. Other than that, he wasn't like this when he visited me the other day.

They were happy pa nga, eh, because I'm finally okay.

"A-Ate." Aile sniffed, and more katanungan filled my brain.

Why are they like this?

Did something happen kaya?

I looked at my mom, and like me, I know she's nagtataka also about their actions. Why are they sad?

"Dad? Aile? What's nangyari ba? Why are you looking sad and all?" Kaba rose inside my heart.

Is it about. . . Jackson?

But, no. No. It can't be, right?

My palad are nanlamig, and something formed inside my stomach as I thought about the worse that could happen.