1. A First for Friends

The snow fell so calmly in London, England. Christmas Eve was today and everyone was beaming for the next morning that it glowed right off their cheery faces. The bright shining Christmas lights lit up the city as well help the wonderful glow of the people's passing faces.

Many people crawled the streets. Most couples hand in hand, some were friends on the day off having their fun, and a few people were just by themselves taking a stroll to buy late presents for their loved ones.

Lost in the crowd was (Y/n) (L/n) looking from left to right to enjoy the people that went her way and the stores that she passed. Her long scarf trailing behind her in two halves, her winter coat hugging her with warmth, and her shiny hair acting as ear muffs to protect her from the cold. Her cheeks were a rosy red as well as her nose from the frost bitten air.

A small stroll was all she was doing. The sun was setting making the clouds turn into a nice ombre of yellows to purple to a nice shade of blue. Her eyes wondered around her surroundings; she had always enjoyed nice walks in London especially in the winter. 

Yes, very much she did. To see all of the strangers laughing, talking, and running around in the busy sidewalks. The snow was a bonus: having to see every new unique snowflake pattern was always enjoyable. Her gloved hands caught one flake and for a brief second she saw the brilliant pattern before it melted from her heat. A small smile embellished from (Y/n), pleased to see and witness the true beauty of the flake.

(Y/n) only spoke when she was spoken to which only included a simple hello to a stranger on the sidewalk or small talk to a vender. She was somewhat shy, very subtle, and mostly quiet. An introvert is not how you would describe her. She enjoys hanging around with people even if she doesn't know them. Though, she doesn't really have friends of her own just acquaintances more or less in her opinion.

But (Y/n) just loved to meet new people all of the time and usually get to know them. Her day dreaming was quickly shattered by a stranger bumping  into her from behind her and uttering a rude "Excuse me," from them.

She didn't mind the accident push, but when the man passed by a warm wet drop of water tapped her cheek while a small thump hit the ground. She wiped the water from her face and looked down to see a small velvet red box. It must've been the stranger's and possibly fell from his pocket.

(Y/n) quickly grabbed the box and went after the man who was going the  way of where she was originally going. She followed the man with the black coat and gray scarf trying to catch up with him. (Y/n) had to start running because the man was speed walking a littler faster than the average speed walker. (Y/n) wasn't the tallest person, and it was really hard to catch up with the man with legs that felt like they were made out of popsicle sticks when it came to athletic situations like this.

After a few more blocks of following and running to the man she finally caught up to him. (Y/n) didn't say a word throughout the whole jog; she didn't want to lose her oxygen since she was not extremely fit nor extremely out of shape either. She caught the man's wrist with an "Excuse me," this time coming from her.

He stopped but did not look her way, (Y/n) continued "Excuse me sir, but you dropped this when you accidentally bumped into me," she said panting trying to regain her breath.

The man slowly turned his head to (Y/n)'s. She had a better view of the man this time. His face was red, but not from the cold, but from tears that rolled down his face to the ground. His cheeks were puffy and his eyes were red with tears that only kept flowing. That only logical answer to what hit her cheek, a tear from this poor man.

"O-oh, I'm sorry, Miss. I didn't mean to bump into you I was in a hurry," he said in his slightly thicker accent than (Y/n)'s.

He grabbed for the box gently, "Here let me take that off your hands. I'm sorry I caused you all this trouble."