6. Kiku

Snowy February: a time where you wished that the snow was finally gone. All fun and games until snow begins to become more of an annoyance than a pleasure. At least--that's what Arthur thought.

As of the moment Arthur was walking down the sidewalk making a quick trip to the bank. He gave a low sigh, things nowadays weren't like they used to be. Overthinking. He chuckled a bit, that was the thing he always did. One moment he is talking about happy fairytales to sad stories like Romeo and Juliette or Hamlet.

The scarf around him swayed behind him. A very, very, long scarf. It was a gift from one of his most precious friends. Speaking of friends, he had to visit the café after his trip. Arthur's friend is in town and they had set up a meeting together. It had been a long time since they both saw eachother, two or three months at the most.

Arthur knew that he was a good trusting buddy. A very shy introvert at the least. Metting up in college an exchange student from Japan. Astonishingly, quite the man Arthur knew he was when he first gave a look at him.

His friend always walked like he was balancing a stack of books on top of his head. He always had a blank face, yet, with Arthur, nothing was kept a secret. They were really the best of friends.

Arthur opened the doors to the bank. A few people were around which was normal. It wasn't like everyday people would go to the bank.

"Good afternoon, Mr Kirkland," the banker had said.

"Same to you," Arthur greeted back.

"What would you like to do today?"

"I would like to make a deposit today, thank you," He handed over a thin bag of his savings and slid it through the opening of the window.

"One moment please, Mr Kirkland."

Arthur put his hands in his pockets. He was really excited for the meeting, really, it had been forever since they've seen eachother. He looked down at his shoes. Nice and neat just the way he liked it.

The banker came back to return Arthur his bag  along with a receipt. "Have a pleasant day, madam," Arthur waved goodbye.

He walked out the bank and headed for the café. It took a while, but he had finally made it. Though, it already looked like his friend had beat him there first. Arthur let out deep sigh once again and walked inside.

"Good afternoon, chap," Arthur sat down.

"Hello, Arthur. Good afternoon to you, too," he looked up at him.

"My, my, Kiku. It's been very long."

Kiku smiled a bit "Yes, it has. I'm sorry I could not visit before--School is making me suppress to any other activities."

"Yeah, I don't blame you. I've had the same problems, too," he rested his cheek on his hand.

"So tell me, how have you been?" Kiku asked sipping his tea.

"It's been fine. Lately, I made a strange new friend," Arthur had finally gotten his tea and took a sip as well.

"Oh really?" Kiku looked up.

"Yes, a very nice lass. I could say she is almost like you but more outgoing."

Kiku chuckled a bit "Well if she is anything like me, it would be nice to meet her properly. I've got all the time in the world since I'm on break."

Arthur breathily laughed through his nose. "How about you? How is everything?"

"Fine, Nothing really new. I feel like I'm about to drain my energy even more by just walking. I don't know, I think I'm getting old," Kiku took another sip and closed his eyes.