4.The Favored Scarf

There she was, once again walking on the sidewalk watching the people pass by on a lovely cold day. Only this time she wasn't alone. Her now titled Best Friend, Arthur Kirkland was walking besides her at arms reach. Even past Christmas, the decorations were still hung up in their assigned places. All the sounds around them were comforting in a way as they could hear distant holiday music that they could hum to. The people around them talked and laughed, though Arthur and (Y/n) walked in complete scilence.

Arthur's eyes dazed around their surroundings since he never walked for 'fun', this was all too new to him. (Y/n), on the other hand, kept her eyes to the left looking at the stores. Her trademark scarf wasn't trailing behind her anymore. This time her Union Jack scarf, was on Arthur.

She gave it to him a few days ago since he was freezing his arse off. She offered the scarf without his consult, and she just gave it to him, refusing everytime he tried to give it back. She didn't mind at all actually it suited him better than it did her. It fit his love for the history of the country. She smiled at herself at the thought.

Arthur seemed to catch the grin, "Now what are you smiling for?" He said poking her temple making her head slant.

She only shrugged, "It is it a crime to smile?"

He laughed a little, "Well no, but be happy you don't have the 'English Smile'. So you're lucky."

"Well, do you have one?"

His eyes went blank "M-mm, let's see, I suppose I don't?"

"Well let's find out," (Y/n) grabbed both of his cheeks and pulled them outward showing his teeth. There they were. The most whitest teeth, just like the snow. It sounded silly, but it was true, they were nice and straight.

Arthur was starting to panic about this, no one, not even his brother had laid his hands on his face. He didn't know how to feel, just only fear of how he looks in front of her.

"U-u-u-uh, (Y/n)!" Arthur pestered.

She let go of him "Hmmm," she put a finger to her chin.

"So? Are they alright?"

"I don't know...they look a little crooked," she teased in a serious voice.

He quickly put his hands over his mouth in shock and in embarrassment.

She laughed really hard till the point where she was coughing "N-no silly," she wiped a tear with her finger, "They look fine as they could ever be."

"Are you serious right now? I was worried for nothing?!" He flailed his arms around him.

"Pff," she covered her mouth and pointed out, "Your face is red as a cherry!" She said before laughing again.

"H-hey!"he shook her by her shoulders "Stop laughing!"now people were just staring at the odd bunch.

(Y/n) took a deep breath and looked up at him. "Come on, (Y/n)! It wasn't that funny. Not even a little bit!"

She ignored him and continued to walk putting her hands in her pocket. "Hey! Don't you ignore me! I'm talking to you! (Y/n)!

She only continued to walk and wave to some peers walking by. A vender was walking by with roses for sale. 'Roses? In the winter time?' She stopped by him and asked for a single rose, "Exactly one pound, dear miss."

(Y/n) exchanged the pound for the flower, "Thank you very much, sir! Merry New Years."

"Ay, same to you, deary. Pardon me, but is that your boyfriend over there yelling at you from here?" The vender asked.