2.Childish Kisses

After hours of walking Arthur and (Y/n) were still walking and talking as if time hadn't passed at all. The streets had grown quiet while everyone inside their homes were sleeping--waiting for the special day. (Y/n) suggested that they go to the pub for a quick drink, but Arthur immediately declined the offer. He didn't like to admit it, but he had a serious drinking problem. (Y/n) didn't question it at all of his rejection though.

"I thought this would be the best Christmas Eve ever for me," Arthur suddenly brought up the topic that happened earlier, "But that incident happened and I thought this would be the worst. Then you showed up into my life and brought joy to me again. So it's not so bad as I thought it would be," Arthur said looking down at (Y/n) with a smile.

She was listening, walking not far away from Arthur, but also not so close to him. Her hands were right behind her back as she looked up at the now cloudy sky as snow fell onto her face.

"I think it's time we head home. It's getting late," (Y/n) said looking up to Arthur.

He nodded in agreement, "Yes it is. We should probably rest for tomorrow. Where do you live so I can escort you home?"

Realization hit (Y/n), "What street are we on, Arthur?" She asked looking around her.

"We are on South Avenue. Is there something wrong?" Arthur asked stopping with her.

"Oh no this is bad. I live on the opposite side of town!" That surprised Arthur. He lived a block away from here and his feet were taking him right to his home!

"O-oh! My mistake! I guess I lost track of time! A-and I didn't mean to get you this far away from your home I didn't mean to!I guess I got lost talking with you!" Arthur started to look the other way out of shame. There weren't any cabs around this late of night, and he can't be out with his car past curfew. And a woman out at this late of night is dangerous!

"Oh well I guess I have to walk home tonight. Wish me luck!" (Y/n) turned on her heel and started walking down the sidewalk as if nothing was wrong walking in the dead of night.

"W-wait! U-uh, (Y/n)!" Arthur called out. She turned around looking back seeing Arthur slide to her on the ice.

"Yes what is it? Do you need something?" She answered.

"U-um, why don't you stay at my place for the night? It won't be a bother to me! You can stay in the guest room a-and it's warm and we can have fun and eat and there are some warm cloths to change out of your drenched ones and it's really really really rea-" Arthur was cut off by (Y/n)'s hand.

"Arthur, you're rambling on and haven't even taken a breath!" she pointed out.

"B-but there is bad things out here and I don't want you getting yourself in trouble. There are robbers and prostitutes and thugs!" Arthur continued even though his mouth was covered by her hand.

"Oh my!" she smiled at her clever reference.

"It's not funny! Excuse you, miss but if I'm really your friend I would take you into my home this late of night even though we just met!" Arthur complained.

(Y/n) sighed "Alright, I will go with you. But it's just for tonight and I'll take a cab in the morning. Does that sound alright to you?"

Arthur nodded his head frantically and dragged her wrist. (Y/n) couldn't move her feet, one: becauseArthur was running as fast as he could, and two: was because the sidewalk ice was sliding her the whole jog to Arthur's house.

As they reached the house they stood at front of the gate as Arthur was getting his keys to open the lock. His home was bigger than (Y/n)'s for sure. It was an enormous house with lights only on the rim of the roof and the trees for Christmas. (Y/n) was surprised by how fancy it looked from most on the block.