XX. ANDROMEDA

✯      ✯      ✯

      ✯      ✯

      Antares stood in the Hospital Wing, eyes fixed on the prone figure lying in the bed before him. Dumbledore, McGonagall and Snape stood with him, all in various states of emotion. The Headmaster was irate, pacing between the rows of beds, his robes swishing furiously. Snape, however, was more impassive, though Antares knew the Potion's Master wouldn't be here without reason.

His plan couldn't have gone better. The Great Hall was in an uproar when they had left. The famed Harry Potter collapsing right on the Gryffindor table? It was inconceivable, so much that students would whisper about it for days. But this was just the beginning, and Antares wouldn't let Umbridge's transgressions go lightly.

Madam Pomfrey was leaning over Harry, who still had not woken. She ran diagnostic spells, checking and double-checking, a baffled expression growing with every swish of her wand. "I cannot determine the cause of Mr. Potter's collapse. His heart rate has returned to normal, and his other vital signs are stable. He shows no traces of physical injuries or illnesses."

Antares listened intently to the mediwitch's assessment. He would have to inform Fred and George of their achievement when he saw them later. They would still be upset with him, rightfully so, but he could explain himself easily once Harry was walking the castle again.

"Nothing at all?" McGonagall fret.

"Mr. Potter's condition does not look magically induced," Madam Pomfrey said, shaking her head. "Though, it leaves few conditions that could explain what has happened."

"Potter was not attacked then?" Snape intoned.

McGonagall looked stunned at the notion. "Attacked? I would hope not!"

Ron and Hermione had gathered as close to their friend as Madam Pomfrey would allow, relieved that there was no immediate threat to his health. Trying to keep them away was useless; they refused to return to the common room after what they had seen, leaving the rest of the Weasley brood to manage Gryffindor House.

Ron looked puzzled. "We were sitting right next to him. There was no way someone could have cursed him."

"And you're sure you didn't see anything suspicious during dinner?" Antares checked.

Ron and Hermione exchanged glances, their expressions filled with concern. "We were enjoying dessert. Then, all of a sudden, Harry started gasping. At first, I thought he was choking, but then he started grabbing at his chest like," Hermione paused, "like he was in pain."

"If it's not magic, what could it be? Stress?" Antares asked Madam Pomfrey, running a hand over the side of his face.

"I'm afraid that stress itself is not a diagnosis, Mr. Kelly, but it is certainly a factor," the mediwitch stated. Madam Pomfrey looked to Hermione. "From what you've described, it's possible that Mr. Potter has suffered from an extreme panic attack."