VI. FOR SIRIUS' SAKE

✯      ✯      ✯

✯ ✯

Usually, Antares was grateful for the visions. Despite their invasive nature, they were incredibly informative when applied correctly. This, however, was not one of those times. The children at the table, excluding Harry, had all started an uproar of arguments when Mrs. Weasley sentenced them off to bed.

"We're of age!" Fred and George cried.

"No!" Mrs. Weasley shouted back. "I absolutely forbid —"

"Molly, you can't stop Fred and George," Mr. Weasley cautiously interrupted. "They are of age —"

"They're still at school —"

"But they're legally adults now," said Mr. Weasley placatingly.

"Maybe it's better if they're still in school," Antares intoned. "They can help me to keep Harry out of the endless danger that seems to follow him around."

Mrs. Weasley shot Antares with a piercing glare, her voice filled with ire. "I don't need your input, Antares!" she spat. "You have no right to put my children in danger like that. If I were your mother, I'd be ashamed!"

The calm mask that held itself on Antares face melted away. For most of his time with the Order, he tried to be amicable with everyone, even Mrs. Weasley, who contested everything. He could put up with her concern where it was reasonable, but this crossed the line. The women had managed to hit a weak spot without even knowing it. Antares was ready to tear into Mrs. Weasley for all her worth, and so was Sirius, whose eyes blazed with the fury of a storm.

"Mind your words, Molly," he hissed as he sprang up from his chair. "Antares has Harry's best interest in mind, like all of us. He's not putting anyone in danger, and Fred and George are not Fabian and Gideon."

"And Harry isn't James," she huffed.

"Well, he's not your son," Sirius reminded her.

"He's as good as," Mrs. Weasley defended fiercely. "Who else has he got?"

"He's got me!"

"Yes," said Mrs. Weasley, her lip curling. "The thing is, it's been rather difficult for you to look after him while you've been locked up in Azkaban, hasn't it?"

That was enough to rile Antares. He shot up from his spot, startling Harry as he spoke. "You have no idea what you're talking about. He's endured more for Harry than anyone here."

Harry turned his gaze to Antares' face, which curiously matched the twisted sneer on his godfather's. When he looked closely, their eyebrows scrunched the same aristocratic way, and they had the same defiant look in their eyes. Harry looked around the room. Everyone was either ashamed or too shocked to say anything. Lupin was the only one brave enough to intervene in the explosive match between the three.