Hospital visit

Pain. I hated that word. I knew that it's not the pain from the injuries that caused her to get this way, but the pain she would be in If she'll stop taking the pills. The way she would get angry and yell at me if i wouldn't let her take them right away. She was addicted and refused to admit it.
I wanted to get to the hospital with her but the guys stopped me. Dom went with Rhea while Finn and Damian stayed with me. At first i was mad at them but i understood they were just trying to get me away from the negative thoughts.

,,Let's get some food"

,,I'm not hungry"

Finn rolled his eyes at me, looking over at Damian

,,why did you have to feed her McDonald's?"

,,OH SO NOW IT'S MY FAULT!?"

I slammed my head into the seat

,,I wanna sleep, can you two shut up?"

They went quiet, starting the car and pulling out of the parking lot again.

My rest was disturbed again by someones phone ringing.

,,Hey, anything new?"

I could hear Doms voice ringing trough Damians phone that he just put on speaker.

,, the surgery went well, tho she didn't wake up yet"

I sat up in my seat. Surgery? It sounds quite serious for a knee injury. Rhea always had bad knees and sometimes they would dislocate during matches but she never needed surgery for it.
I snatched away the phone from Damian

,,where are you? I'm getting there right now"

...................................

Damian and Finn both refused to drive me there at first, so i had to bribe them with my tears.

I didn't even care to speak to the lady at the reception desk and instead ran to get the Elevator. Rhea was on the forth floor, room 418. I got in, trying to catch my breath. I definitively didn't want Rhea to see me like this. Trying to stay calm i walked down the hallway, seeing Dom standing infront of her room from afar. My pace got faster as i feared she could wake up without me next to her. Trying to come down i took deep breaths, the smell of Hospital filling my nose.
Not even aknowledging Dom i went straight into the room. Slowly i walked towards her, Damian following me as i let myself down on the chair next to her. Her hands we're resting on her stomach. I took her hand in mine, placing a kiss on the back of her palm. A shuffling could be heared soon after. ,,mmh Gia?" a faint groan escaped Rhea as the anaesthesia started to wear off.

,,i'm here" i assured her softly.

Me being the first thing that came to her mind gave me hope that maybe our relationship would get better.

,,why is Damian here? You're ruining our Moment"

Damian laughed at post anaesthesia Rhea and left the room.

,,why are you crying?"

I smiled at Rhea, trying not to think negative anymore.

,,I was worried Rhea"

,,But i'm okay, and i have you here with me"

It was hard to admit but soon i would start to think about leaving Rheas side. She was difficult to deal with and it was ruining me mentally. After her injury i decided to not mention her addiction anymore because it was understandable that she needed medication for her knee. After she recovered tho, she went back to old habits. I saw her increasing the amount of pills she took, going from 4 to now 5. That day, i snapped. We got into a huge fight which ended with Rhea calling me names

,,You've never spend a day in my shoes! I work hard every single day AND YOU TAKE AWAY MY ONLY SOURCE OF COMFORT! IT IS ME WHO ALWAYS HAS TO LOOK GOOD AND BE IN TOP FORM AND YOU'RE ACTING LIKE IT AFFECTS YOU?"

,,Don't yell at me Rhea! You think it doesn't affect me when you are sitting there brain dead because you pump yourself full with drugs? I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE YOUR COMFORT BUT YOU WON'T EVEN LET ME"

,,YOU THINK I LIKE IT? YOU THINK I TAKE THEM BECAUSE IT BRINGS ME JOY? STOP ACTING LIKE A FUCKING BITCH"

,,I care for you Rhea. I won't let you destroy yourself, because i love you. Say it back Rhea, say you love me too"

When i looked up from the floor i saw that Rhea already went upstairs, only being able to hear her slamming the door to our shared bedroom. I left the same day, only coming back to get some of my stuff.