~The Mind~

Hello my loves, I'm back with more updates!
~Enjoy!~

(Back at dorms)

Shoto's POV

I open my eyes to be met by sunlight in my face. I blink a few times to get used to the brightness, before I look around noticing I'm not in hospital anymore. 'Am I back at dorms?' I fully analyze the room before realizing I'm back at my dorm room. I swing my legs off the side of the bed and stand up. 'When did I even get here?!'
The corner of my eyes catch something lying on my desk, a neon orange sticky note. I walk over to my desk and lift it up to see what was written on it. The font was untidy but I could still see what was written:

Hey Halfie, I fuckin hope youbsee this as soon as you wake up, I picked you up from hospital if your wondering how you ended up back at school. The doctor said you need a couple of days rest before you continue coming to class.

I'm probably in class right now, but I'll retrieve your fuckin class work you missed, so don't bother leaving the dorms at all. You can also keep my clothes if you want to, they suite you.
Bakugo

I blush knowing that Bakugo picked me up from hospital, and changed me into his own clothes. I stare at the oversized hoodie and sweatpants I'm wearing right now, I take in their scent. 'Smells like burnt caramel and cinnamon, like him.' I look around for my phone and find it on the nightstand againist my bed, I pick it up and see the time 09:15. 'Everyone is most luckily in second period by now, so I'm alone in the dorms.'

I exit my dorm room, hearing nothing besides my footsteps. I like it when the dorms are empty with no noise, it's peaceful and relaxing. I head for the elevator, pushing the bottom floor. I head for the kitchen to make something to try and attempt to eat.

(Conversation between Shoto and his mind)

Mind: Are you seriously going to try and eat?!

Shoto: Yeah, what's wrong with that?

Mind: You've gone a whole week without food. You can last longer, can't you?

Shoto: (shrugs) I'm not eating for the sake of being hungry, I'm eating so people will stop asking about my weight and how skinny I look

Mind: Aren't you clever. Sadly your still pathetic and always will be pathetic

Shoto: Stop it...

Mind: You drove your mom crazy by even looking like your father so she decided to change your face a little bit!
Shoto: She went insane because of me...

Mind: Your father really deserves to abuse you, he knows you can't escape any time soon. What's the point of hiding from him?

Shoto: I-I don't know actually. To keep myself alive I guess?

Mind: Alive!? Alive for what, more abuse, bullying, neglect, being sad and lonely, with no one to talk to... why don't you just end it here~

Shoto: W-What?

Mind: You've tried several times in the past, haven't you? Just do it while no one's around~

Shoto: Commit again?

Mind: Exactly. You've done it before, why not again?

Shoto: B-But what about Bakugo, the class and my siblings. Bakugo helped me... my siblings helped me escape. All their efforts would go in vain-

Mind: Listen to yourself rumbling! Your siblings only helped you that 1 night. Your class doesn't even know what is happening to you in your own home. Bakugo has bullied you several times, and is now only helping you. Face it Shoto, people don't care about you, they only do this cause they have to, not because they want you

Shoto: Your lying!

Mind: We'll see then, Shoto. You'll come around sooner then you think

(Conversation between Shoto and his mind is over)

The voice was gone, but I couldn't shake what it said earlier out of my head. 'Are people only helping cause they have to, not because they want to?' I pushed the thought out and continue making something to eat. I make a simple bowl of cornflakes with sugared milk, cold of course.

I head back up to my room with my bowl of cereal. I sit at my desk, hesitant to even pick up the spoon. Eating made me feel nauseous, and every time I saw food I felt like throwing up. With all my strength, I lift up the spoon and take my first serving. I feel the milk and flakes on my tongue, and I already want to throw puke.

'Come on Shoto, you can do this' I thought to myself holding back my urge, as I continued to eat. To distract myself from vomiting, and decide to scroll through tiktok, I eventually found my favorite tiktoker, D4ara4ngel19, and watched some of her recent videos. After several minutes I realised I had finished the whole bowl of cereal, and thank God for tiktok distracting me, so I wouldn't vomit it all out. I peer back at the watch on my phone: 12:45. A whole 2 hours had gone by, and I didn't even notice that the sun had lowered outside.

'2 more hours to go before the whole class comes back. Might as well take a shower to pass the time.' I walk toward my closet, grabbing my white towel and body scrub before heading towards my private bathroom. I set the shower to boiling hot, waiting until I see steam appearing before jumping in. 'This feels nice.'

(50 minutes later)

I eventually get out, wrapping my towel around my waist, and look at myself in the mirror that was slightly fogged up. Most of my bruises where gone, only thing remaining where the cuts all over me. 'I look like shit right now.' I shrug it off, knowing they would eventually go away to, I just had to be patient.

I walk back into my room, and go rummaging around my closet once again for something to wear. I take out a simple pair of white Nike socks, black sweatpants and and black and neon blue hoodie. I change into my clothes, and just lay on my bed, and continue to scroll through my phone. I suddenly only now notice the amount of notifications on my phone:

• 5 messages from 'Burning trash'
• 6 messages from 'Fuyumi'
• 5 messages from 'Natsuo'
• 7 messages from 'Midoriya'
• 3 messages from 'Iida'
• 8 messages from 'Kirishima'
• 10 messages from 'Momo'
• 4 messages from 'Kaminari'
• 3 messages from 'Bakugo'
• 7 messages from 'Uraraka'
• 4 messages from 'Tsuyu'
• 8 messages from 'Ashido'
• 10 messages from 'Shinso'

I tapped on WhatsApp, going straight for Fuyumi's contact. I texted her saying 'I'm alright Fuyu' and she left me on blue tick. I tapped on Natsuo's next, saying the same thing, except saying 'Nat'. I don't bother tapping on my 'father's' because he'll only be asking if I was able to train or not.

I stare at all the missed messages from everyone else, debating on who I should text next. I click on Momo's, seeing the amount of VN's she left for me, same with Uraraka, Ashido and Midoriya. I head straight for the  class group chat instead, making my life easier by letting everyone know I was okay.

Word count~ 1 230 words
That's it for today's update and I'm surprised I was able to write twice tonight!

Until next time, hopefully somewhere around this week, see ya everyone!
Bye👋🏾!