XIV.

the kiss was short. we were both taken aback by my action, specifically will, who didn't react until a couple seconds in. but once he did, it was amazing. i was the one to pull back, because i wanted to see his reaction. maybe he thought it was a mistake. he was speechless for a few more seconds, which passed with both of us looking the other in the eyes. suddenly, he came back to his senses.

he pulled me in by my waist and kissed me again. it was different the second time. this time, it wasn't completely unexpected. we both knew we wanted it and he just initiated it. our lips moved in sync as he held my waist and i cupped his face with my hands. i didn't know how long we were standing outside in the cold england weather, until i heard a voice.

"will?" shouted mark's voice. will pulled away with a grin on his face. i didn't have time to tell him he had some lipstick on his mouth, because mark spotted us. "there you are! we're packing up to leave. why are you guys out here?"

"just wanted some air," will simply replied, not taking his eyes off me, before walking up to mark, and following him back inside, me right behind them. i was still in a giddy state, but i noticed mark telling will something with raised eyebrows and him wiping his mouth, smiling.

———

once we were at the hotel, i immediately dragged leandra and zoe to my room. they followed, no questions asked. as soon as they sat on my bed, i spilled everything. i was pacing around the room, not being able to stay still while talking.

"why are you stressing?" zoe asked, once i was done, noticing my nerves.

"i don't know. i guess we didn't speak on the way back and i'm afraid that it will be weird now," i said, finally stopping and standing in front of them.

"it won't. it's just the excitement of the first kiss that hasn't worn off and neither of you know how to proceed," leandra explained. i thought about this for a moment.

"you're probably right. i'm overthinking it."

"told you. you should get some sleep now," she said and got up, leandra copying her action.

"i will. thank you," i said and opened my arms for a hug, which they accepted.

"good night," said zoe once we broke the hug and blew me a kiss. we exchanged some more good nights and they left, leaving me with my thoughts.

i couldn't guarantee that i would actually sleep a lot. i'd probably spend half the night tossing and turning, thinking about everything. i made a mental note to immediately tell liam in the morning, before getting ready for bed.

——-

we weren't leaving until later the next day, so we had time for ourselves. i ended up sleeping for about six hours, which wasn't too bad. i woke up quite early and went down for breakfast. to my dismay, only mark was there. i knew he was going to interrogate me about last night. i got some breakfast goods and went to sit with him.

"good morning," i said, cheerily, as i sat down opposite him.

"good morning," he dragged out, smiling mischievously.

i sighed. "just say it."

"it was about time! i've been waiting for this since day one," he said, exaggerating his hand movements. i laughed. "to be honest, will didn't tell me much, so i was kind of hoping you would," he continued.

"no, thanks," i said, catching a bit of pie with my fork.

"come on! i thought we were best friends."

"will's your best friend. ask him."

he groaned. "fine," he dragged out.

"see how easy that was?" i smiled playfully at him.

"yeah, yeah," he waved me off. we ate the rest of our breakfast in comfortable silence. zoe joined us a bit later, but i was a little nervous that will hadn't shown up. he could in fact be having second thoughts. i shook the thought off and went back to my room to pack, so that i didn't have to do it at the last minute. we were leaving in the afternoon, and we had agreed to get early dinner before that.

as i was folding all my clothes more neatly than how they'd been shoved in my suitcase, i heard a knock on my door. i went into panic mode. what were the odds that will was at the door? i looked at myself in the mirror. i was still in black sweatpants and a white top which looked presentable, but my hair was a little disheveled. i quickly combed through it with my fingers before making my way to the door. i took a deep breath and opened it.

i was right. will was standing at my door. no, he was leaning on the doorframe. i didn't realize he could get more attractive.

"hi," he said, smiling. i couldn't suppress a smile of my own.

"hello," i said, kind of shyly. everything was still very fresh, and i didn't know how to act. "come in," i said, gesturing for him to enter when i finally came to my senses.

he smiled wider at me and walked past me into the room. he sat at the edge of the bed and i followed him, standing in front of him. "so," he said once we were eye to eye.

"so," i dragged out. "last night." i nodded.

"last night." although he was sitting and i was standing, we were basically face to face, due to the height difference. "are you just going to repeat everything i say?" i giggled.

"maybe." he smiled at me again, before speaking again. "did you like it?" he asked, softly.

"yes," i said confidently. no reason to hide my feelings now. "did you?"

"yeah." a pause. suddenly, he slid his hands around my waist and pulled me closer to him. "can i do it again?" i quickly nodded. i slid my hands around his neck in return, like i had done the previous night. that was all it took for him to connect our lips again.