XXIII.

INSTAGRAM

@tianasoles

i love this dress

i love this dress.

comments

user5 OHH MYY GODD

zoefromlovejoy wedding: me + you?

user74 GORGEOUS

liamjacobs i chose the dress

>user54 lord and savior

more comments>>

i was pacing around my room, fifteen minutes before will was supposed to pick me up. i'd been ready for half an hour, taking pictures and preparing myself mentally for the date. the only thing i knew was that we were going to a restaurant. he didn't specify where or if he had anything else planned. the door bell ringing startled me, forcing me to stop my pacing and walk to the living room to answer the door.

there stood will, ten minutes early, in a white button up, a couple of the top buttons undone, and black pants. in his right hand, he held a bouquet of red flowers that i didn't recognize. "wow, you're gorgeous," was the first thing he said. he proceeded to stretch out the hand that held the flowers. "for you." he handed me them with a smile.

"thank you," i said, accepting them. i could already feel my cheeks turn pink. "what are these?"

"camellias." i hummed.

"they're beautiful." i raised my head to look at him again. "come in." i took a step to the side so he could enter. he mumbled a thank you and i left him to go find a vase for the camellias in the kitchen.

"i like your house," he said once i reappeared and found him looking at family photos that i had decorated some shelves with.

"thank you." i smiled and walked towards him.

"is that you?" he asked, pointing to a picture. the picture showed my parents next to each other and me, two years old, between them, holding each of their hands, laughing.

"yup." i didn't feel like reminiscing on my parents' long gone happy moments.

"you've just always been adorable, haven't you, sweetheart?" he turned to me. thankfully, he didn't question anything about my parents.

"stop," i said, looking away.

"no." he reached his hand out to my jaw, gently pushing my face so i could look at him again. slowly, he leaned in and placed his lips on mine. i wrapped my hands around his neck, one of them sliding up to his hair, messing with his curls. his hand that wasn't cupping my face moved to rest around my waist, pulling me closer. i pulled away after a long moment.

"we've got a date, in case you forgot." i smirked.

"how could i?" he smiled. "come on," he said, offering me a hand. i grabbed my jacket that was resting on the back of a dining table chair, before taking his hand and letting him guide me out of my house and to his car.

----

"don't, don't, don't," will rushed out when i attempted to open the car door once we had arrived at the restaurant. he quickly got out of the car and ran to my door to open it himself. i grinned and stepped out.

"you're so cute," i said, watching as he shut the door and locked the car. he responded with a quick and playful peck on my head, to which i giggled. of course, he opened the restaurant door for me as well. my cheeks hurt from how much i was grinning. the host showed us to our table and we sat down, facing each other.

"wine?" will suggested while we were having a look at the menus.

"sure." truth be told, i didn't really like wine. but i was willing to try again for the sake of the date. we finalized our order and will waved the waitress over, who took our order and left us. the restaurant was heated so i took my jacket off and laid it on the back of my chair.

"i can't tell you enough how unreal you look tonight," will said once i rested my hands back on the table.

"i'm gonna cry if you keep saying that," I said, looking down.

"it's the truth." i looked back up at him only to find him already looking me up and down, smiling.

"thank you." i smiled.

"you look so pretty that i don't know how to express it." it was his turn to hide his face in his hands, in an attempt to hide his pink cheeks. "you're making it hard not to kiss you," he said, releasing his face from his hands. i smiled more at that.

"later, pretty boy." his own smile grew bigger.

----

"where to now?" i said once back in will's car. dinner had gone great, with casual, comfortable conversation about anything we could think of. it felt like we'd known each other for longer than we actually had. after he paid (of course he wouldn't even let me get my card out of my bag), we made our way back to his car, where he informed me that the date wasn't over yet.

"you'll see," he responded, starting the car.

"so mysterious." he chuckled in response and started driving to our destination. it wasn't a long drive; we arrived quickly.

"the beach," i said longingly once i got out of the car and noticed the familiar brighton beach. will hummed. he placed a hand on my waist and guided me forward. we made our way to the shore, where we sat. i wasn't too worried about ruining my dress; i knew it would be fine with a wash. "it's so pretty at night," i said, staring at the waves crushing on shore.

"i knew you'd enjoy it," will said from his spot next to me.

"thank you, this has been the best date i've been on," i said truthfully, smiling, once i'd turned to face him. he responded by scooting closer and wrapping an arm around my shoulders. i leaned my head on his shoulder, content.