XVIII.

we arrived at bournemouth not too late in the afternoon, so we checked in the hotel and instantly went out for dinner. will was excessively giggly the whole walk there, which made me suspicious, but i decided not to say anything. when we walked in, will quickly took my hand and ushered me towards the back of the restaurant.

"what's going on?" i asked, confused at his behavior. he didn't reply, instead leading me to a table where someone was already sitting. my jaw dropped to the floor involuntarily.

"liam!" i exclaimed the moment i laid eyes on my best friend in the flesh. i was so happy, i could have cried. i didn't think i would see him until after tour, but, apparently, i was wrong.

"tiana!" liam immediately got up from his chair when he noticed me and tackled me in a hug.

"how are you here?" my voice was muffled due to my face being buried in liam's shoulder.

"so, there's a thing called driving, i don't know if you're familiar with the concept," he joked as we separated from the hug. i playfully punched his shoulder, and he laughed. "i guess i missed you too much," he actually explained. "you were close, so i thought it'd be nice."

"it is so nice." i was grinning widely as i took in the fact that my best friend was in front of me again, in what felt like ages. i turned to will who had been standing close to us, since he brought me to him.

"you knew about this?"

"i helped plan it," he said with a grin.

"you sneaky guy." i couldn't help but grin back at him.

"what can i say."

"well, i will say that i'm starving so can we sit and order?" liam interjected, which earned a giggle from me.

"anything for you, dear liam."

INSTAGRAM
@tianasoles

INSTAGRAM@tianasoles

(pretend the boy is blonde)back with my bestie <3 thanks william <33

back with my bestie <3 thanks william <33

tagged: @wilbursoot @liamjacobs

comments>>

liamjacobs we are amazing

wilbursoot youre welcome <3

user45 THEYRE GORGEOUS

user356 2 pretty bestfriends

more comments>>>

"you did what?" liam nearly shouted when i told him about my sleeping arrangements the previous night, as we were walking back to the hotel at night. i scrunched my nose in delight and hummed. "this is huge. so, like, are you dating yet?" my face dropped a little at that.

"i guess he hasn't asked me yet. should i?" i asked, clueless about this subject. i generally wasn't very experienced in relationships. sadly enough, sam was my only boyfriend and it, clearly, didn't end well. it was mostly him initiating things and me being so excited about the thought of a relationship that i went along with everything.

"no! and i don't mean that in a stereotypical way. he clearly likes you, so give him a chance to ask you. if he doesn't, then resort to asking him," liam offered. i hummed in response.

"thank you, liam." i smiled at him.

"of course," he responded with a smile.

"so, are you excited to have a sleepover again?" i asked, changing the subject.

"absolutely. how long has it been since our last one?"

"this is sad, but i think it was last year." liam gasped dramatically.

"unacceptable. we're making up for it now." we giggled as we walked in the hotel, when i spoke.

"i have an idea," i said, stopping liam before she could walk any further. "let's have a girls night again, plus liam."

"hell yeah," he agreed and we invited leandra and zoe along.

——

"he's literally head over heels for you. he's definitely going to ask you soon," zoe said from her spot on the bed, a box of biscuits in her hand, after i'd told them the details about the previous night.

"you should have seen him when her ex was at the show," leandra said, turning to liam, who was laying with his head buried in a pillow. "he barely resisted from beating him up."

"i like him more and more with everything i hear," liam said, turning a bit to face us better.

"you and me both, brother," i said, which made us burst into fits of laughter.

——

will <3

are you awake?

how did you know i never told you

i'm a psychic

mhm yes totally anyway what's up

meet me at the lobby?

will you kidnap me?

we'll see

i glanced at liam sleeping soundly in my hotel bed, before walking out of my room at 3 am, my favourite white knitted cardigan around my frame.

i made my way to the lobby, finding will already there, leaning on a wall and looking absentmindedly towards the hotel exit.

"hi," i said softly, not wanting to startle him, but i unintentionally did. he jumped a little at the sudden sound and turned around quickly. he visibly relaxed at the sight of me approaching him.

"hey," he said in a soft and sleepy voice. "wanna walk?" he suggested.

"sure." we walked out of the hotel and started walking towards nowhere in particular. normally, i would be terrified, but with will next to me, i felt like i could be out here for ages.

"tiana," he suddenly said and stopped walking abruptly, turning to me. i looked at him, eager to hear his next words. i didn't speak, instead waiting for him to say what was on his mind. he opened and closed his mouth a couple times before settling on the right words. "you're so- you're so lovely. whenever i'm anywhere near you, i just get the urge to get closer. whenever you say anything i just want to block everything else out and listen to your voice. if someone is remotely mean to you, or- or hurts you, i feel the need to punch them and hold you so that you never have to feel pain again. i just-" he stopped himself, not quite finding the words to voice his thoughts. i smiled softly at him, my cheeks reddening. i took his hand in mine.

"i feel the same way," i finally said. it was his turn to smile and blush. he raised his free hand and used it to cup my face. i got on my tippy toes in response, and we both leaned in. our lips finally collided in the middle of a bournemouth pavement, in the dark, at 3 am. we kissed until we were forced to separate and breathe.

"so," will finally spoke, a grin plastered on his face. "how do you feel about being my girlfriend?" i didn't respond. instead, i grabbed him by the collar of his sweatshirt with a smile and kissed him again.