Canto XIX - L'Enfer en Terre

Examination #23

Digital evidence B47D4 "Cloverfield"

03/11/2018

Good evening, this is Officer Ikeda of the Damage Control and Public Handling department, DCPH for short if you will, on behalf of the Jujutsu World and associates. What you're about to vision, or read once the tape is transcripted, is evidence B47D4, classified in our archives under the name "Cloverfield". The following contains raw images of the Shibuya incident, and it has been deemed "confidential" thus any form of public release is strictly prohibited. Everything you're about to witness should and shall not leave this room. Failure to do so will be met with adequate punishment, you have been warned.

Without further ado, let's start from the beginning. This footage has been found near Tower Records, in the north of Shibuya, and retrieved from the phone device of Shimizu Ryota, a 33-year-old IT technician who went missing on Halloween night. While the hopes of finding Shimizu-san alive or even his cadaver are close to zero, our task is to piece together the movements of Gabriele Lucia Esposito, deemed accomplice of the now exiled Gojou Satoru, wanted by the higher-ups on multiple charges, such as accessory to mass murder and espionage. He's currently on the run, his whereabouts unknown and it doesn't help that none of the students and some teachers are refusing to give any useful information that could help us in our investigation. With that said I'll leave you with the recording, please take note that the tape depicts graphic displays of violence, gore, and mutilations that sadly occurred during the night of October 31st. This is the worst the world of sorcery has to offer.

The recording starts, the camera of the phone captures a closed ambiance completely left in the dark. The light of the screen barely illuminates the contours of Shimizu Ryota's face. He's visibly trembling as made clear by the shaky recording, his Frankenstein makeup smeared along his forehead and cheekbones, his breathing irregular, all obvious signs that he underwent a panic attack. Shimizu repeatedly adjusts his glasses on the bridge of his nose, has yet to speak but tries to control himself by taking deep breaths. It goes on for a few seconds until he finally calms down enough to talk:

SHIMIZU: - I don't know what's happening (inhales sharply through his nostril) Something is roaming on the streets..... it's hunting people, that monster... it's like it came out of a horror movie...

The camera switches from front to back, his surroundings are more clear now, enough to understand he's behind a counter at a small market. He zooms on the display window, outside is a total desolation from what you can observe, in the background, you can hear the sound of car alarms howling in the streets. Out of nowhere, the glass shatters into thousands of pieces as something has been thrown through it with such force that knocks the shelves down in a domino effect. Shimizu ducks down instinctively the moment the window breaks, well hidden behind the counter. Moments of silence pass until a moan is heard, Shimizu slowly paces to the side of the counter to look. The camera pans to a young girl in her twenties, yet to be identified. She's bleeding profusely from the shards embedded in her skin, her left arm unnaturally bent the wrong way, she appears to have some problems breathing as she lies on the ground. Her eyes go wide as she stares slightly above the camera, evidence that the two exchanged glances, she mouths something incomprehensible, and her voice comes out too weak to be heard. She tries to drag herself towards him despite the pain, as she crawls you can see the shard deep in her stomach shining whenever the light hits it. Shimizu seems to hesitate as he extends his hand toward the girl, but all stops at the sound of glass getting crushed, followed by an animalistic grunt.

SHIMIZU: - Oh God...

Shimizu immediately retracts the hand, The young girl's petrified reaction can be glimpsed moments before the camera turns back to the fragmented window. The creature can't be seen in its entirety because of various things on the way, but judging by the height of the roof and the fact it had to lower its head, the creature is approximately three meters tall minimum. Of cyan complexity, its eyes appear to be minuscule compared to the protuberant jaws that could tear metal, the neck thick as armor just as its hyde. The beast's upper body is disproportionately large compared to its six tiny legs, the arms bulky, almost reaching the floor to the point it uses them to distribute its weight better. It strolls over the broken glass, cracks resounding at each step, the camera follows helplessly as it approaches the downed girl.