Juju stroll #3 - Happy birthday!

May 1st, happy birthday my boy!

________

The video started with Nobara and Yuuji as they walked through the corridor that led to the dressing rooms, snickering like children while constantly telling the other to quiet down. “Hi guys.” she whispered to the thousands of viewers that connected to her livestream, “I'm on the set of ‘Jujutsu Kaisen season two', we just finished filming the scenes for today, going backstage, and huh…” the camera of her phone panned out to Itadori who gave a quick wave with the brightest smile he could muster up, then back to her in an extreme close up of her face, her mouth basically next to the microphone.

“Yesterday someone told us that today is a very special day for one of our colleagues.” she watched the chat go crazy, the comments were bursting with the news, “I see many of you knew about it but the thing is… he didn't tell us anything. So we plotted a little revenge.” the actress showed the cream pie in her hand, ready to be plastered on someone's face. “Gojou-sensei has gone to the bakery to get the real cake, he should be here by now.” She entertained her viewers for the time being, answering a few questions here and there until they were in front of the victim's room. She and Itadori could barely hold their laughter as Megumi and a particularly excited Satoru were on the other side of the corridor, cake in hand. All they had to do was patiently wait for their prey to come out in the open and strike him before he could do anything.

“He's probably on Duolingo right now.” Itadori said, Nobara's face turned red trying to not laugh out loud as she slapped the teen's shoulder in retaliation.

Soon enough the door handle twisted halfway,  the actors were on the edge of their seats in agonizing trepidation, surely he was taking his sweet ass time as if he was aware of the surprise attack. Eventually, the door swung inwardly and the face of their foreign coworker appeared, not even the time to realize what was happening around him Gojou immediately took the initiative and stepped forward: “Happy birthday, Gabriele!” He cheered just as he smashed the cake straight to his face. The group quickly erupted in laughter, Itadori could barely breathe as he fell to the ground while Nobara and Megumi scolded the adult for using the wrong cake, but even they could hardly contain themselves. In the meantime, the guest of honor had displayed his very vast list of colorful Italian swears as he wiped off the cake, all in good spirit, and proceeded to throw what little food remained to his assailants. The noise eventually attracted the rest of the cast to the corridor, from the second years Maki and Toge to all the Kyoto students to even Getou and Mahito without their usual make-up.

Together they all celebrated Gabriele's birthday, Todou gave him a big slap on his back, Utahime took some pieces of cake off his hair, Momo divulged something she read in an article, a tradition from Italy that consisted in pulling one's earlobes on their birthday once for every year of their age, and everyone instantly tried to catch the evasive young man who wanted to subtract himself from the torture for as long as he could, until he obliged at the child actress Hoshi's request. All in all, it was a wonderful moment, something Gabriele never thought to experience on the other side of the world.