𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐮𝐬 𝐑𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐝 ~ 𝐇𝐚𝐭𝐞

The sound of the whistle rang through the stadium, the painful sound reinforcing the fact that zero points will be taken away from this game.

You could hear the sound of the angry fans from your private box, the odd few of them turned toward you throwing insults in your direction due to Marcus' performance.

You ignored them and tried to find Marcus on the pitch, you could see the disappointment on his face from where you were sat, you felt a sting in your chest as you empathised with your boyfriend.

You stood up gathering your things as you went to make your way to the tunnels to meet Marcus.

"Your boyfriends shit." You heard a United fan scream towards you, you turned to the sound to find a group of men screaming and hurling insults towards you, they began getting a little more rowdy as they stayed throwing things around, you decided it wasn't worth being caught on camera screaming back at them so you left to find Marcus.

You walked down to the tunnel and waited for Marcus, he walked towards you with his head low,

"Please, please don't say anything." Marcus said as he pressed his lips to your forehead.

"Alright baby." You responded in a quiet voice.

"Gonna shower and change after coach speaks to us, wait for me?" Marcus asked, the disappointment clear in his eyes.

"Of course my love." You responded, Marcus pressed a quick kiss to your lips before he continued to walk towards the dressing room.

After about 45 minutes a distressed looking Marcus emerges with some of his teammates.

"Ready to get home gorgeous?" You asked with a smile.

"Yeah babe, starving." Marcus said forcing a smile on his face. He grabbed ahold of your hand tightly, bringing it up to his lips and pressing a firm kiss against the back of it, you smiled as you walked out of the building hand in hand.

The sea of boos were being sung from all angles when you and Marcus both exited the stadium. You held onto your boyfriends hand tighter for reassurance.

The fans continued to boo and throw insults towards the both of you as you walked towards Marcus' car, you could see Marcus getting visibly angry, his hood was up so you hoped no one could notice, you just wanted to get him out of there as soon as possible.

"You're so fucking shit Rashford." You heard a loud and angry voice say. You held tightly onto Marcus and continued to walk away.

"Get the fuck out of my club." Another man hurled."But leave us your girl, she looks like a good time." He said with a disgusting laugh.

Marcus' head snapped towards the man, he pulled his hood off and attempted to charge at him.

"What the fuck did you just say." Marcus said as he tried getting closer to the man, your body immediately flew in front of him, stopping him from doing anything that could get him in trouble.

"You fucking heard me." The man laughed again. Marcus' expression filled with rage, there was practically steam coming out of his ears.

You placed your hand on his chest and rubbed it gently trying to calm him down.

"It's ok, walk away." You said trying to pull him towards the car, Marcus' eyes fell to yours, you saw the rage burning inside of them. "Ignore them baby, let's go." You said as you stroked his cheek gently.

"Listen to your bitch." The man laughed again only infuriating Marcus further. Marcus grabbed onto the man's shirt and pulled him against the barrier that was blocking their paths from meeting.

You stepped back so you were out of the way, you didn't want to distract Marcus leaving him open to a punch. You stood behind him and placed your hand on his back softly.

"Marcus please." You whispered loud enough for him to hear, you felt his muscles relax as he took a step back letting go of the man in front of him.

Marcus pulled you into his embrace pressing a kiss to your forehead as he pulled his hood back up over his head. "I'm sorry babe." He said calming down slightly as he continued to walk with you towards the car.

You could still hear people shouting at the both of you but Marcus had completely zoned out ignoring everything that was being said to avoid a fight.

You approached the car and Marcus pulled open the door for you before getting into the drivers seat. He backed out of the car park and began driving home, finally he was able to relax.

"I'm sorry baby." You whispered softly as you held onto Marcus' smooth hand trying to comfort him.

"It's not your fault I'm shit." He said keeping his eyes on the road as he drove.

"Don't say that baby. You aren't shit, you're brilliant, you've just had a rough couple of games you can't let them define you." You said with sympathy in your voice.

"Yeah, like your opinion isn't biased." Marcus said as he pulled into the drive way.

"I love you Marcus, with all my heart, genuinely. But this is not a biased opinion, it's factual, you can't define your self worth on a few games." You said as you both sat in the car for a few moments.

"Come on baby, let's get inside, I made lasagna." You smiled at Marcus stroking over his check before you both got out of the car and walked towards your front door.

You walked in and went straight into the kitchen to dish up dinner for your hunger boyfriend. You piled his plate high and handed him his dinner.

"Let's eat on the sofa, just want to be comfy." Marcus said as he lifted your chin and kissed your lips delicately.

"Sure baby." You said walking towards the sofa as Marcus carried your plates behind you. You sat down and turned on the tv as you tucked into the meal your prepared.

"Somehow, after that shit day, this makes it all feel better." Marcus said smiling as he swallowed a large bite of his food.

"Glad you like it handsome." You smiled taking another bite as you turned your attention to the tv.

You noticed Marcus' face on the news, he heard his name coming from the tv turning his attention towards it as he chewed the food in his mouth.

"Oh come on." He said rolling his eyes as you both watched your earlier interaction outside Old Trafford.

You quickly switched the channel trying to forget about what happened earlier. "Don't even think about it babe." You said quietly kissing his cheek softly.

"That's going to be everywhere now isn't it." Marcus said shaking his head.

"It'll blow over babe." You said setting down your food on the coffee table as Marcus did the same. "Honestly babe give it a couple of days." You said stroking his arm gently.

Marcus pulled you into his lap and rested his head against your shoulder.

"I'm so sick of this y/n, can't take it anymore." He said weakly.

"I know baby, I know how tough it has been, but you will come back from this, you're incredible at what you do, anyone who can't see that is crazy." You whispered to him as you massaged the back of his neck.

"I just want to be back to my old self again." He said into your neck.

"I know you do babe, give it time, don't be so hard on yourself." You said as Marcus lifted his head from your shoulder and pulled you into a deep passionate kiss.

...

Requested🫶🏼