C H A P T E R S I X

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
10:15
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, the last day of freedom before I go back to school for the next five days.

To be honest, I like school, it takes me away from everything that's going on around me. It takes me to a place where I don't have to worry that when I come home they will look at me as inferior again. And yet I am their daughter..

Getting out of bed, I looked at the clock and was surprised that I was up so late.

I smiled thinking about last night with Elijah and Rosie.

I put on sweatpants, tied my hair in a bun and didn't want to even look in the mirror, so I went to the kitchen from which the wonderful smell of pancakes wafted to my room.

"Mmm.. what a beautiful smell that is"

I asked as I approached my brother who was standing by the stove.

"Oh hey sis what happened to yo–"

My brother asked, but before he could finish his sentence, Rosie punched him in the shoulder.

"Did you sleep well, sun?"

Rosie asked, smiling sincerely at me and holding ready-made pancakes covered with chocolate in her hand.

"Oh yes, I've never slept as long as I did today. We should spend time like this more often"

I said as I put some on my plate and then sat down at the table with Rosie.

I took a bite of the pancake with chocolate mmmmm... Like a little child who had never had chocolate in her mouth, I started asking for more.

"Look, honey, we even have a child, I told you that all we need to do is go to my parents and feed Jasmine"

My brother laughed, flipping the pancakes in the pan.

"And how's that boy, hmm? What's his name?"

Rosie came closer to me, asking in a quiet voice so that my brother wouldn't hear.

"What are you talking about without me?"

He called from the kitchen, offended.

"It's nothing honey, don't worry!"

Rosie called out, laughing with me.

"As I said, he's just a friend..."

"Of course, just a friend"

Rosie smiled broadly. She had such a beautiful smile, she was kind and nice, I'm glad my brother found someone like that.

"His name is Ares and..."

"Uuu like a Greek God, just be careful you don't burn yourself"

"That's.. I already did, I guess"

She looked at me not understanding what I meant.

"Ares is the type of boy who doesn't want anything serious, he's a play boy who is good but... we just don't fit together. He's more cool, a lot of people love him and I... I'm usually somewhere in the shadow, and only with him I feel like I'm really enjoying life"

I said while picking at the pancake with a fork.

"Are you sure, he's just a friend?"

Rosie asked, smiling softly.

"You know, Jasmine, maybe there's something behind it why he doesn't want a relationship. Don't judge a book by its cover"

She added and I looked at her carefully.