C H A P T E R S E V E N

"Everything's all right?"

I asked as he looked at me without saying anything.

"Yes, yes... sorry"

He replied and then we started learning.

Bzz, bzz, bzz...

After less than 40 minutes, my phone was glowing with new messages every few minutes. Ares and I tried to ignore it, but after a while it wasn't possible.

"Maybe it's something important"

Ares said, still looking at the textbook.

"Maybe you're right.."

Nervous, I picked up the phone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jonas: Hi Jasmine, I think we should talk. Stop being silly like a little child and meet me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jonas' text message not only paralyzed my entire body, but also made me feel dizzy.

Ares looked at me nervously and then asked if everything was okay.

"Yes, it's okay, I... just... it's Jonas... again"

Ares immediately tensed as soon as he heard his name and then took my phone out of my hands.

"What are you doing?"

I asked, looking at him.

"I send him a nice text and blocked him. He won't bother you anymore, and if he tries, I won't hold back"

He was pissed.

"I don't tolerate this guy"

He added in a firm voice.

"If he even touches you and I'm not around, I don't care when or what time. Call me and I'll kill that bastard. Understood?"

He said quickly and firmly, still looking me straight in the eyes.

I blinked a few times before answering, I was slightly dazed. No one in this situation has ever put themselves in the same way as Ares does.

"Come on, let's take a break"

Ares said, getting up from his chair.

"But the test is tomorrow–"

"You need some rest, come on"

He grabbed my hand gently and led me to the bed.

"Lie down and I'll put on a TV series for us. What do you think?"

He asked smiling at me.

"Sounds cool"

I replied in a tired voice.

When Ares turned on the series, he climbed onto the bed and lay down a bit away from me. I don't know why but, I felt a little sad about it...

★ ★ ★

After a few episodes and going back to studying every now and then, it was time for a nap.

We both fell asleep apart from each other, but when I woke up, we were lying next to each other.

He held me in his arms and my cheeks started to get warmer.

I tried to get away but each time he moved closer to me.

I give up.

I returned the gesture and wrapped him with one hand and started touching his hair with the other. They were so soft and cozy to the touch.

"Hey.. what are you doing.."

Ares asked in a sleepy voice.

"Nothing.."