5 - An old friend

It was definitely made by someone who knows what they're doing, the engravings, handle, and everything. But the indent, I don't know why the sword is like that, but it has to have a purpose, right? After snapping out of my thoughts I continued to lean on the door to continue to hear what the humans will say.

.

.

.

Y/n's POV:

I sigh looking down as I try to think of a way for this to work. I don't show it but I'm terrified, I'm terrified of the fact that other worlds exist. That people from those worlds can travel to others, I'm scared of what other dangers can do.

I don't want innocent people to feel more pain and suffering than they already have with these demons around. The pain of losing a family member, a friend, a...lover.

I don't know what to do.

"Ava, I don't want to leave you alone when I have a mission, but I also want to protect everyone from demons at the same time... Ava...I'm scared."

I look up my eyes meeting Ava's, Johnny meows trying to comfort me rubbing his head on my neck. Ava walks up to me engulfing me in a hug, my eyes starting to water up as everything caves in. All the stress, sleep loss, and everything hitting me all at once.

Although I rarely cry around people, and knowing others are in the apartment, I hold in my tears for right now. After the hug we discussed a bit more about the daemos, discussing how I'll have to fit my work schedule to get out earlier. I suggested the idea to Ava of me training her so she can at least fight if there's trouble with them.

Ava then suggested having some of the other hashira visit more so then the daemos wouldn't try to hurt us. I don't really socialize with the other hashira as much. I do smaller things such as anonymously giving them gifts, helping heal them from missions, and anonymously giving them strong poison so then their katana will have the same effect as mine.

"Oh, I haven't seen Ayaka in a while! Is she alright?" Ava suddenly blurted out asking you. Your bird Ayaka had an injured wing from a mission a couple of months ago, you still blame yourself for the incident, it was your job to make sure she was safe and you failed.

 Your bird Ayaka had an injured wing from a mission a couple of months ago, you still blame yourself for the incident, it was your job to make sure she was safe and you failed

(This is Ayaka ^)

Though she doesn't think it's your fault. That is why you had to petrol the city every night because you didn't have eyes in the sky. Anyway speaking of Ayaka, her wing is healed to the point where she should be able to go on missions with you again.

Snapping out of your thoughts, getting back to the topic at hand, and taking a deep breath, you tell your plan to Ava.

"I don't think we should let them on the streets, we've already experienced a bit of how they act and their morals and values. I bet they would just cause chaos and can bring more attention, most likely bringing more demons here. And I don't want to endanger people more than they already are."

After Ava heard my explanation she nodded her head agreeing with me while looking down, probably upset that she'd have to share her apartment with people beside her best friend. Johnny still on my shoulders meowed to get Ava's attention. She walked towards me rubbing Johnny's head making him purr.

I turn my body, motioning my hand towards the door, asking if it's time to discuss the living arrangements with the daemos. Ava looks towards me and nods her head while opening the door. We both walk out to see all five of them surrounding the doors to the bathroom.

"So, you guys have nowhere to stay?" Ava asked looking at all the daemos.

"Nope, we don't have a home here on E-urth." Noi replied answering Avas' question. Ava took a deep breath signing as she breathed out.

"Fine, you guys can crash here tonight." Ava said giving in. I move my hand to her back rubbing circles to try and calm her down.

"Heh, we weren't going to take no for an answer." Acsh suddenly replied making me glare at him.

"You both are our prisoners and you will do as I command." He stated making me glare at him more. As I was about to retort back at him we all froze when a sudden loud hoot noise was heard in the living room.

Some of the daemos yelped a bit while Ava clung to me. 'Is she...she's here!' Instantly handing Johnny to Ava I sprinted to the living room instantly starting to tear up with joy seeing my eyes in the sky again.